Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Haha why? I switched to Edge end of last week. Took me a long time to finally make the switch.

2 Likes

Why did I switch? I had to reinstall (SSD was 100% usage constantly) then before I could download chrome my internet went out for a week. So I decided to give Edge a try.

But it autoplays videos on twitter, loads random youtube shorts I didn’t click on, has all these weird buttons on the right side of the screen.

1 Like

That’s weird. I haven’t had any problems.

Twitter autoplays videos on both Chrome and Edge for me. Don’t know if it’s a setting. The right sidebar can be switched off by clicking the gear icon at the bottom. Don’t have the Youtube shorts problem.

For me it just feels a lot smoother than Chrome.

2 Likes

Same here. Been on Edge since they launched their Chromium version.

2 Likes

Okay, seems the autoloading youtube video is an issue between their aggressive ad engine and malwarebytes browser guard. Apparently disabling browser guard stops that issue.

3 Likes

There’s a thread for that:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is there some form of bug doing the rounds in Cape Town? I’ve been feeling irritated and overwhelmed since Saturday evening, after which fatigue took over. I slept yesterday from 12:30-16:00 and was back in bed at 19:00. Today I slept sporadically for 2 hours at a time as well and developed an aggressive diarrhoea. I also have this irritating cough which pounds my head every time I cough. My son has started complaining of similar symptoms this afternoon…

3 Likes

Yeah, a week or so ago my kids and wife all suffered with butt explosions, as they call it. Both kids now have a bit of a runny nose and post-nasal drip which I think is the cause of their coughing.

Treated them with Smecta, custard powder and milk, and Rehydrate and or glucose powder with water.

3 Likes

I picked up a mofo two weeks ago in the Northern Cape. Had rough congestion, body aches, nauseas, feeling irritable, sleeping very poorly, permanently tired even after sleeping 11 hours one night. It spread to my wife and her colleagues as well. Back in the North Cape from tonight, so I’ll check if the locals got this thing as well.

2 Likes

How long did the symptoms last? I’m taking another sick day tomorrow and hope I’ll be through the brunt of it by Wednesday.

2 Likes

13 days and counting. I’ll let you know when I get better or die.

The trouble is that living in Witbank means we’re nearly permanently congested :joy:

3 Likes

Mornings.

:grinning::wave:t2:

Wishing all the ailments away as soon as possible for all of you. Drugs, liquids, rest. Feel better.

3 Likes

Morning all.

Shame, my youngest has a terrible cough and my oldest is complaining of sore throat. Wife an I are both sneezy and snotty. FML

3 Likes

Seems like my symptoms cleared up after another LONG night’s rest. A good 12 hours of sleep and I woke up feeling quite refreshed, albeit a little woozy. My son is staying home today though, as he had a fever in the early morning hours. He slept in this morning and is now feeling a lot better. It seems like this bug is a 2-3 day thing.

4 Likes

To our Bloemfontein MEW’ers - what is going on in your city this week? I have 10 places on my accommodation list, all places I have stayed before that fit my needs and budget. All of them are full! One place is fully booked out by netball groups, that I know. But dang, I don’t know what else is going on… I probably have a place to stay for tonight, but I’m waiting for confirmation.

5 Likes

The only Bloem oke I know is @Wlad.

1 Like

Off to Gold Restuarant for work dinner.

3 Likes

Yeah but I don’t even know what happens in my house let alone the city I live in.

4 Likes

Looks yummy. Take a couple of snaps, I’d like to see what the dishes look like and maybe take the wife there sometime.

3 Likes

Sports, apparently. There are several sports things happening all over the city, hosted by several different schools. Big intercity-interschool freestate championship type level stuff. Netball, definitely. I don’t know what the other sports are but my host knows about at least one other school that is hosting a major event.

3 Likes