Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Well, that’s one way to end your work week…

1 Like

I asked for the blue light filters, because i use blue light apps on my devices. I find it really helps to prevent brain drain and migraines

RIP Valentine Zukhovsky aka Robbie Coltrane

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace
RIP Robbie

1 Like

Morning all.

:grinning::wave:

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Well that didn’t last long.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Luckily ours only start at 10pm :stuck_out_tongue: and tomnorrow it starts at 2pm - so we miss it

Long shift at the shop today, now I am tired. Sadly I did laundry and it started raining when I wasnt expecting it.

I paid approximately R41000. It’s still quite expensive, what with being new, but it was worth it! However, my medical aid, despite having a 10k benefit for refractive (laser) eye surgery, refused to pay because they don’t recognize the codes for SMILE. Apparently they only cover Lasik and PRK. Only discovered this after the claim, of course, and there was no mention about restrictions in their own rules, of course. Grrr. Anyway, it was R39000 for the surgery, including the initial testing, and several follow ups at 12 hours, 6 weeks and 6 months, including more advance testing (Pentacam imaging of my eyes). Then there were meds right after, eye drops and such, that’s about R1500-2000.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Wowza, I’ve just learned that glasses are expensive and surgeries even more so.

2 Likes

Morning all. Nicely overcast and cool here this morning. Was worried we’d have to endure the heat through load shedding without a fan.

2 Likes

Lo people of the palace

2 Likes

Thanks @Ani !

3 Likes

Hey, hey! It’s Monday!

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Greetings

2 Likes

Morning people of the Palace have a great day

1 Like

I had a bit of astigmatism and it was not a problem for the laser surgery. My sister also had astigmatism and she had Lasik a few years ago as well.

Also, I wanted to add, I went to Dr Niel Cornelius at the Pretoria Eye Institute for my SMILE procedure. He is brilliant and wonderful. His entire team is great. So I highly recommend him.

The best way to know which surgery you can get is to just bite the bullet and go for the initial round of tests. I did, my medical aid paid for a good portion of that. There they did the Pentacam imaging which maps every bump and wobble and the thickness of your corneas across your eye. It isn’t consistent.

There we saw that it was too thin for Lasik or PRK, which are cheaper options than SMILE. PRK is apparently a fair bit more painful and has a longer recovery time. But it is cheap. SMILE didn’t hurt. I had a bit of an ache in my eyes a few days later but they give you drops for that.

I saved up for almost a year for the SMILE procedure. They gave me a quote that was valid for a year. As soon as I had put together the money I called them and we got started. I got lucky, I was popped into a cancellation literally the next week, but the waiting period can be quite long. I had the procedure on a Tuesday late afternoon, had my first follow up the next morning at 9, and by Friday I was driving myself. I was very conservative though, I could have driven on Thursday already but I decided not to. By the following Tuesday my eyes were 95%. Night vision is terrible though for about a month to 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Just saw my old office burnt down… and just as my boss had rented it out to people who would have moved in end of the month. Cause of the fire is not certain yet, however I had seen ash outside the building surrounded by beer bottles during the month, so I am gonna say drunk squatters may have had something to do with it. Will have to wait and see what the full report is.

2 Likes

a stigmatism?

an astigmatism?

a astigmatism?

#myfokmarrelize

My brain hurts.

1 Like