Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Praying for a quick and as painless as possible recovery

1 Like

Praying for a good recovery!

2 Likes

Strongs dude, may you recover fast and fully!

1 Like

Don’t you hate it when you log into a game and suddenly there is a 6gig update…

2 Likes

Absolutely, it means I can only play it a day later

1 Like

Eskom has announced that it will implement stage 2 loadshedding from 11:00 on Wednesday, 2 February until 05:00 Monday, 7 February 2022.

:sob:

3 Likes

Ah man… There was a communication yesterday warning of the possibility. Here we go again.

3 Likes

I’m sorry guys, I was waiting for it since they took one of the koeberg turbines offline for planned maintenance that is gonna take a minimum of 6montha.

Morning people of the Palace have a great day

1 Like

Welp, welcome back to load shedding it seems. Luckily this weekend I’m going to the Kruger for my birthday so will be less affected by it.

4 Likes

I believe we have 3 birthdays in a row this month on MEW.

Good morning everyone until 11AM.

4 Likes

Jip this weekend is jam-packed with birthdays here on MEW.

4 Likes

Good morning Sunshine!
:grinning::wave:

Wish I had the money to go solar. Eskom sucks. They sure can plan and execute a load shedding well. If only they had the same ability to plan essential maintenance to their infrastructure.

3 Likes

We’ve had quite a few power outages this year. Just Sunday the power was out for something like 4 hours.

I’d also love solar. The idea was to sell the old house and then use the money to get solar but I’ve had so many unexpected expenses that it’s not going to happen. I can’t wait for that money to eventually come to us. Need it.

3 Likes

You’re out Roodepoort way, right? Heard there’s been power outages every Sunday for almost a month there. Very weird.

2 Likes

Yep, I moved from one part in Roodepoort to another part it Roodepoort only for the whole of Roodepoort to not have power.

2 Likes

Good luck dude, Hellos everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The free-standing house across the way from us littered their roof with solar panels like almost their entire roof is one big solar panel. Looks ridiculous.

2 Likes

And yet during load shedding, they are not even almost affected and they spend a tiny fraction on their electricity bill.

4 Likes

To make matters worse, we’ve got some electrical problems on our property that cause the eskom box to trip because everything draws too much power for our supply after load shedding ends. We tell people to turn off their geysers before power is restored and turn them on one at a time.

It still isn’t enough. So we have to go shut off breakers at our main DBs. Every. Single. Time.

Just in time for my parents’ visit too.

3 Likes

Are they bringing us maple syrup?

3 Likes