Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Sorry, I realise now my previous comment may come across as condescending, that is not the case and was not my intention. I apologise if this is the case.

I am appreciative that you think so highly of something that I simply do for enjoyment, I don’t consider it to be too grand but I am very critical of myself, even with my work designs. For that I thank thee.

1 Like

Neighbour was drilling the whole day yesterday. Where were you then, you cunts.

5 Likes

Good morning! Happy Humpday.
:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

Is there anyone in/close to Sandton who would be willing to facilitate a deal for those Wheel of time Books perhaps ?

1 Like

I would help if I could - GLWS

Morning people of the palace

Had fun with @Ani and Syd at the beach yesterday

3 Likes

Dankiee!!

Also want to go to the beach! :confused:

2 Likes

I wont lie, and I think @Ani will agree that was the best moment at the beach… She took a poop baggy and the next minute Mr Syd poops next to the sign!

I actually forgot sunblock, luckily I didn’t burn badly, just gained some colour. But can feel the tops of my feet and face is a bit tingly still.

3 Likes

Morning all.

Check-in with my team first thing this morning about how progress went on yesterday only to be told that they did nothing cos they didn’t understand it and were confused as to what to do and how to do it.

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I haven’t drawn or painted anything since school.

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

This should not be an argument, it should be a debate, and in this debate, I take a different stance. While I agree that most activities in life can be practised and learned through time and effort, a person can also have a natural affinity for these skills. This talent will make them rise above the rest in terms of competence and ability, regardless of the amount of time spent on the skill. So an artist such as Picasso or Rembrandt has a much greater mastery of their skill than someone with equal or more time spent. That is the difference that talent make. Talent isn’t something that can be learned, you are either blessed with it or not. And while the time spent on a skill will make you competent, talent is what makes that skill special. There is a mountain of examples of this in art, drawing, 3d modelling, music, sport etc.

4 Likes

I totally agree with this.

I’ve tried and tried to practice drawing, and while I know I can improve with more practice, I am just not built for it. Same with learning spoken/written languages. My brain just isn’t wired for it.

Programming languages, on the other hand…

2 Likes

Dankie Hammer, you said it better than I could. I totally agree with you on this.

1 Like

I’m the same, I can’t draw to save my life - never could, but I have a knack for colour combinations and colouring in and blending etc. Mine is more in things like mosaics and beads etc. Made a load of jewellery at one point and made a fair bit of cash from it.

I have a knack for languages, I can read them better than speak them and that is even without any formal training. But programming languages is greek to me again.

1 Like

Very well said, thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

Goodmorning, cape town traffic be terribad

1 Like

This is why I am so very selective currently with job applications - I am willing to brave the 2 hour traffic for work else where, but then I want to be paid accordingly. Currently, best offer for a job in the CBD is R6500 no benefits . . .

Thats insane considering people say Cape Town is so expensive.

1 Like

WOW!

What are you looking for if I may ask? Don’t you have domain knowledge on drawings and perhaps, the construction industry?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m an admin manager, I have a weird love for admin work. And the other area I am considering moving into is sales since I am enjoying the sales work in the shop. I have a fair bit of background of the construction industry having worked for an architect the past 10 odd years.

Hmm… let me see if there is anything we’re offering here in those areas.

1 Like