Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Afternoon people of the Palace, hope you are having a good day

2 Likes

The only CDE I onow is Cosmetic and Dental Emporium in Ballito

1 Like

Ah okay, my bad.

2 Likes

Jassis, my aunt is here from jhb, she is flying home tomorrow, I will miss her but, currently her hand luggage is about 9kgs. . . She has an extra bag, and her suitcase is about 23kgs. . . . plus I am posting 25kgs worth of books to her via postnet

1 Like

2 Likes

How many years did she stay for?

1 Like

With us 3 days, in total 4 weeks between here, george, kleinmond and the southern subs of the cape…

Im petrified of the day she passes away, since I’m the closest to her, plus her god daughter and she has no kids…

Her flat is covered in books.

1 Like

Good morning everyone. Very wet today.

2 Likes

Morning all

Up way to early, for the F1, managed to watch most of the race on tv and the rest in the car on the way to the airport to drop my aunt off. At least she is there safely and getting on the plane as we speak.

I also managed to lose one of my new studs, but the studio where I had it done, redid the piercing and new stuff for me this morning for free. Definitely a great place to use.

Also I got 2 interviews for both the jobs I applied for! They are gonna do one interview and decide what direction they want me to go into. I am just happy that they are eager and that I am up for both jobs!

5 Likes

So wierd question, does anyone here know about credit cards and using them as a way to gain interest on your income?

1 Like

Most credit cards have an interest rate on any positive balance you maintain, but it’s lower than a Capitec bank account’s interest rate, so it’s not something to be banking on (hehehe).

But getting a credit card, using it, AND PAYING OFF THE BALANCE EVERY MONTH is a brilliant way to build your credit score and show banks that you’re capable of managing credit well.

My wife earns about 40% more than I do, but has never had a credit card. I’ve had one since I started working. The banks were more willing to give me a home loan than her, even with a 100% loan.

4 Likes

@Donisia credit cards give very low interest as Avatar said, I get between 0.01 and 0.03 in interest every month on my card.

Look at high interest accounts like money market accounts at the traditional banks, capitec has interest on their standard accounts I believe as per @Avatar , and then there is also the new Tyme bank in pick n pays you can get 6% interest there (although it takes 90day to get to that level.)

1 Like

Okay so I worded this horribly, I meant using a credit card to pay debit orders etc so that I can collect interest in my savings account on my salary followed by then paying the credit card balance after interest is earned?

1 Like

Not sure if you can have debit/stop orders on a credit account, unless you meaning recurring charges for something like Netflix which charges the card?

1 Like

Morning Monday. Grey, wet and cold in Joburg again today. It’s enough now.

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Send the weather to us please?!

Morning people of the palace, have a great day

Im gonna be quiet this week - working full time at the shop all week

3 Likes

You can have the kak weather with pleasure. Just found rain down the wall and a heavily sagging ceiling board in the home office space (which we try and avoid over the weekends). :neutral_face:

Need it to stop raining and dry out for a bit so we can see what’s going on and figure out a repair.

4 Likes

Get the hair dryer out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is why we fixed the roof before the rain came. No leaks and our water tanks are full!

1 Like

A response based on the complaint I logged with the body corporate:

Thank you for your email. Your assumption is correct in that we receive quite a number of complaints regarding the residents of this unit. For a variety of reasons, the agent is particularly pedantic regarding evidence and as such, I would like to request that in the event of this continuing, would it be at all possible to make recordings of the disturbances? In the interim, we will address this with the agent again and hope that the continued disregard for fellow residents as this cannot be allowed to continue.

Does anyone perhaps have any recording equipment that I could use?

1 Like