Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Fully agree. I used to love weather like this, but when it means endless days of trying to get the washing dry, wet and muddy dogs and the oversaturated ground becoming a marshland, the appeal wears very thin.

2 Likes

Just record on your phone when there’s a disturbance?

1 Like

Yeah, I tried that, the noises from above aren’t detected by my phone. Last night I was even standing on our kitchen island to have the phone right up against the ceiling. I guess the low (bass like) sound is too low db to be detected.

Last night they had their kid running and jumping around upstairs after 11 pm.

1 Like

Ah ya, that will be tricky to record. That sucks man

1 Like

Yeah, I think the fact that we have a ceiling for the downlights makes matters worse for recording as it is not directly by the concrete ceiling (their floor).

But surely the fact of the amount of complaints should warrant enough the validity of the complaint for them to act upon it.

EDIT: I’m just going to stomp around the house tonight and record that, maybe punch on the bedroom walls to satisfy them.

4 Likes

Don’t miss flat life. At least with free standing houses, you can just call the police, late at night.

1 Like

Actually not a bad idea, perhaps call on District Watch to report to noisy tenants (or domestic disturbance) in the complex. They have access to all the complexes within the community/estate.

1 Like

Hey everyone.

@Beo I normally call our security.

3 Likes

“Eskom urges the public to reduce electricity usage as the generation system is severely constrained”

They’re “urging”. The system is “severely constrained.” It’s been raining in much of the country for days. The poor coal must be so wet and cold by now. I think we all know where this is headed.

We may need to bring the woolly jumpers and extra blankets down a month earlier than normal…

2 Likes

Mmm, have you tried using the voice recorder on the phone(there should be an interview option which should pick up fainter sounds better.

I would however, go and knock on the upstairs neighbours doors and ask them “nicely” to consider you downstairs.

Also if the BC constantly gets complaints about that unit its bs that the agent is pedantic. they must deal with it. Ask one of the trustees to come over or to go with you to speak to those people.

2 Likes

I didn’t see that loadshedding had started but they’ve turned off the power here.

2 Likes

Didn’t see anything either, but a quick Twitter check has this from 15 minutes ago:

Nothing else since then.

2 Likes

I see it on eskomsepush now.

3 Likes

So I have a bit of programming question.

So we have a tablet that has access to whatsapp with the contact details of our residents on it for when there is loadshedding and no fiber connectivity(its an LTE tablet)

Do you think it would be easy enough to code a simple app that we could load a google csv into which then masks the numbers of all the residents so that the guards can only see: Unit 0001 - Andrew and not be able to see the persons actual number or their whatsapp status?
The app should also not have to be on the phone of the person that we are trying to contact, and the app should be able to call via the wifi network as well as normal gsm network.

Do you guys know of any apps that does something like above?

2 Likes

You better not complain about YOUR bad weather day… This is just around the corner from me. We have had a LOT of rain today and tonight still even more.

3 Likes

Haven’t even considered that to be honest, was just using WhatsApp recorder out of convenience.

Oh believe me, I’ve done that numerous times prior to sending an official complaint.

1 Like

Yeah, I received a list of roads that are out that side and it’s a LONG list.

Stay safe out there guys!

2 Likes

Yip, woke up to chaos!

Schools are closed.
Roads are closed.
Some of my staff have their houses destroyed and we cannot get through to help.
Amazingly our local sites seem OK.
One of my sites got entirely flooded but luckily not much damage.

Oh, and my old man’ lounge got water in but everything considered he is not top of the concerns.

3 Likes
Ethekwini  secure 

Last update 5am

The following as witnessed between 4 and 5am.

Tuesday 12 April

Blitz update

⚠️on the N2....just huge water log leaving phoenix via gateway side on the bridge

On *Randles road,* sand bank from the truck yard collapsed and is blocking part of Randles.

Please note *Mallinson road* is blocked just before Disney heights, the park fence collapsed into roads. 

Also *Randles road* between Essendene and Lavery Crescent the banks washed out and sand is blocking one lane

Old Richmond road blocked above the train line  at St Windolins

Hans dattmen  blocked

M4 southern freeway
Closed 
6:15

Aubrey road closed by Sherwood hall, tree across road

M13 Fields Hill, closed in both directions until further notice, mud slide.

Kloof Falls Road Closed

M13 in between Maytime and Village Road Closed 

Everton Road Closed

Kloof Library Road Closed

Ukosi, usuvalo and ipiti no go area, patrollers on scene dealing with entrapments. 

Numerous trees down around Kloof,

N2 north bound closed between Umkomaas closed as freeway wash away

R102 Winklespruit to Illovo road partially closed due to embankment wash away - use Oceanview road instead

R603 between Winklespruit & Umbumbulu further wash away and impassable at Adams Mission 

▪️Shallcross Rd before the stadium..towards the ridge. Landslide.

▪️Higginson highway east between the link Rd and Westcliff.. Landslide.. Left lane.

▪️Southern freeway to the cbd.. Closed after Clairwood.

▪️South Coast Rd towards Hullets.. Flooding

▪️N2 north..

Before Spaghetti.. Rubble.. Landslide.

Veh on centre lane before petroport.

▪️Before sibaya.. rubble across

M4 north from Umhlanga closed

Umhlatuzana road from seaview towards clairwood near the truck stop

N2 South from Higginson closed apparently

Collapsed Bridge at Tongaat river mouth and mudslides on the route

NMR from Caltex garage by Blue Lagoon all the way to Kings Park is flooded. Some places all 3 lanes under water. 3 cars stuck there right now.

Road from Caltex by Blue Lagoon to the M4 also a no go. All 3 lanes under water.

Southern freeway on both bounds- the extreme left lanes are flooded. Three lanes open to traffic

N2 by the old airport roadway flooded on the extreme left lane - slow moving traffic

N2 south and north bound slow moving traffic roadway floors as well as land slide

Tara Road and Quality Street closed off flooding

Himalayas Road closed off to traffic

Mondi Road in the south closed off - danger of the canal over flowing

Malukazi Prospecton Isipingo, Folweni,  uMlazi South
Phila Ndwandwe all flooded

Bluff areas drivers have to proceed with caution lots of flown debris and trees on roadway

Between Ilfracombe and Umagababa on N2 road damaged

Tara Road all the way up to Beach Road in bluff water log

M13 heading to Kloof has landslides starting on the road
📌Manhole cover washed away at the bottom of Dawncliffe
📌 M13 East bound, 500m before the Cowie/Dawncliff Rd Turn-off. LARGE amount of water pooling
📌Kingsmead Drive - Wall collapsed into the road near 35 (Please use St George's or Mkhula roads)
📌 Stapleton Road - completely awash with water windshield height
📌Caversham Glenn flooded
📌Rodger Sishi Road due to overflow 
📌Marlowe Road westville
📌N2 South bound by Chesterville land slide 
 📌Elm Road road broken 
📌Greyville road 
📌102 from gateway to phoenix 
📌Beverly Road land slide road completely full of sand 
📌Kipling place Beverly Hill trew fallen 
📌Umdloti flooded some residents evacuated 
📌Escombe Road flooded cannot get through
📌Reservoir Hills off ramp flooded
📌M7 Belville Bridge flooded
📌Quality street and Tara flooded

North areas flooded

N2 both bounds and the M4 Ruth first water log drivers to proceed with caution.
N2 Closed at Umhlali River - Flooded
R102 Closed at Umhlali River - Flooded 
Esenembe Road Closed at Umhlali River - Washaway
M4 southbound closed between Sibaya Circle and Umdloti -Alt routes Sibaya Drive and N2
Stockville Road - closed
Stapleton Road - closed
Caversham Road - closed 
Crompton Road near Shepston - closed 
Splash - Waterfall 3 - closed
M13 - drive with caution 
#StaySafe

❗Despite certain reports of a routes being possible, METRO ADVISE TO KEEP CLEAR of the roads, REMAIN AT HOME, as the storm is still severe, still persisting, roads are waterlogged, if not flooded, damaged, blocked be landslides n debris...
Our emergency personnel is already have their hands full, do not add to that and begum another star.
🙏🙏Please Be Safe.
3 Likes

Morning all.

:grinning::wave:

Very hectic scenes down your way @Oltman. My brother was there visiting my Mom over the last weekend and said it was already getting silly then. And it’s only gotten worse.

We look okayish for the next few days, but then more heavy rain for the coming weekend again.

Load shedding doesn’t help the situation either.

Stay safe all.

3 Likes