Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Stay safe all

Morning people of the palace - you lot can really send us the rain. Atlho that will stall the house painting that we have going on.

2 Likes

Ever heard of these guys?

I just got that in the mail

1 Like

Nope, no idea who that is.

2 Likes

Can’t say I have either, do you know the source email or the name that they changed from?

2 Likes

You ever register a domain with anyone in the past? Got a debit order for web site or email server hosting somewhere? If so, could be those people trading under a new name?

Although, if @Solitude “Mr Domain Hosting Reviews” hasn’t heard of them, I’d be skeptical. (What’s your site again Soli?) That said, their site does seem pretty legit (SA Domain Internet Services) so I’m guessing it might just be a new name for a business you dealt with years ago that still has your details on file somewhere.

2 Likes

Hectic man, with the amount of rain hitting the country let’s hope there’s not more damage.

1 Like

Wow… even the sea is angry!

https://www.facebook.com/whatsondurb/videos/696213768489787/?extid=WA-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C

2 Likes

There’s good news and bad news.

Bad news is that you are describing some bespoke app, it. NOT Whatsapp. Whatsapp uses a combination of the address book and the user’s own info submitted to Whatsapp. No way to hide the telephone number in that process.

The good news is that there are a multidute of alternative apps available. It’ll take a bit of research to figure out which one fits your requirements and budget best, but I’m sure you’ll find something. The one I’m contemplating right now is Matrix, since its self hostable, free, and extendable. It looks like it supports everything you’ll need.

4 Likes

Never that is what is so weird, its driving me mad.

It looks legit but no idea how they got my mail

1 Like

Just be like the rest of the public and throw around terms such as POPIA.

3 Likes

That is what I did lol

1 Like
4 Likes

1 Like

Agreed @murfle

Now is it home time yet

Sorry people. I’ve just been super busy and am very tired. Will be more active again at some point.

2 Likes

The calm after the storm.

Samsung Galaxy S20, Auto Settings

Taken now from my verandah.

5 Likes

Hey everyone.

My PC couldn’t start today at work. Turns out the PSU fan fused with the rest of the components so it couldn’t spin.

2 Likes

Stop eating junk food for a couple days, and you can feel your body trying to shed the excess crap…

Through the pores.

2 Likes

Morning all. Hope everyone is safe and dry.

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

Well that was rude! I’m in the middle of an outage :expressionless:

2 Likes