Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Same, today was the first day I didn’t have a headache since Monday though so thats good.

2 Likes

Yeah, wonder if it has anything to do with not doing any workout though I have been going for walks with the kids.

Also, anyone noticed the price of Binding of Isaac Repentance? Over 1k or is that just the Xbox version! @MalicE

1 Like

it’s R374 on steam for the complete bundle. console game prices are stupid

4 Likes

Morning everyone.

Woke up to no power. Luckily thanks to a great suggestion from @Solitude I bought a battery for the wifi and fibre, only problem is the fibre is not connecting, I guess they don’t have battery backups… Oh well at least I tried.

2 Likes

Morning all.
:grinning::wave:

We also had a weird power outage overnight. From about 1:30, not sure when it came back on, but it is back now fortunately. Hope yours gets sorted soon @DieGrootHammer :zap:

1 Like

Morning people of the palace

This heat is already getting nuts and the day has barely started

Exhausted cos I didn’t sleep well in the heat last night.

Hope you have a great day

2 Likes

Aw no man, I can’t believe it. That’s very sucky.

1 Like

The device you recommended is working flawlessly and it absolutely great. What happened this morning is that the entire Midrand experienced a power failure, and I suspect with it a major connection point for the ISP. If this was normal load shedding I am confident that it will work as intended.

2 Likes

While I’ve got you here. I’ll be at home from tomorrow and over the weekend.

2 Likes

In an effort to stop nail-biting, I now keep a steel nail file on me. Whenever I notice myself nibbling or feeling a rough nail, file it down so I don’t have the desire to nibble or bite.

2 Likes

Someone’s been farming Steam trading cards…

@MetalSoup, is Idle Master still the go to app?

3 Likes

Yeah I used this one, got everything pretty quickly. Just to get a R100 discount on GoW :persevere:

3 Likes

Pay insurance premiums for months, possibly even years, without any claims. Comes time to claim and they look for any reason not to cover or pay out.

what did you have to claim and from whom/?

I just thought of claiming for a phone, but because it wasn’t specified they won’t cover it.

Ag wat.

1 Like

You pay much higher premiums for stuff that you carry around with you like phones and laptops, than you do for stuff you leave at home, that’s why you need to specify them.

1 Like

I just ways update our home a d office insurance with the new phones to help out in this regard, rather safe than sorry

Yeah, insurance is a mission with lots of technicalities.

Before I moved to the city, I lived on a plot and I had a generator that was chained to the house and also a lawnmower and brushcutter that the gardener left outside under the roof. All three were stolen one night. Insurance refused to pay for the generator that was chained to the house, but paid for the lawnmower and brushcutter that was just left outside without any issue.

My mother used to work for an insurance broker so I learnt a lot of tips like specifying cell phones and some other things that people outside of the industry just wouldn’t think about. Specific examples escape me now, but if I hear of stories, then my mind immediately goes to “you should have done that instead… but you wouldn’t have known since nobody told you”.

2 Likes

Yeah, carry on items are referred to as “all risk” items. Household contents only cover items that never leave the house… Even jewellery needs to be specified if you want to claim for it. Your normal contents insurance won’t pay for cellphones, laptops (there’s sometimes a loophole with this one), jewellery, watches, handbags, sunglasses, etc. For those you need all risk cover and more often than not they need to be specified items.

Source: I’ve been building long- and short term insurance systems for 6 years now.

3 Likes

Bladdy hell it’s hot.

1 Like