Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Yikes! So glad she is OK! Hope she is not too traumatised by the experience! Good luck there!

2 Likes

Ah man, I am so sorry to hear that. Such a traumatic thing for you all to go through. I hope that your sister will be able to meet with a counsellor so that she is able to process all that happened. Praying for her. So grateful that she is unharmed.

2 Likes

I hope you are all ok, and processing what happened. Im happy to hear you are all safe tho. huge hugs @DieGrootHammer

1 Like

That’s so kak to hear Hammer. So glad your sister’s guardian angel was on duty. And so mad that she had to be called on in the first place. No one deserves to have to go through something like that.

2 Likes

Eskom gave the country a 30 minute f-you and your Easter dinner plans too. 30 whole minutes. And if they can’t handle shit while most of the industrial users are off the grid for the long weekend, things are going get a lot worse than “Stage 2 until Wednesday” when everyone goes back to work on Tuesday… a lot worse.

Loadshedding will regretfully be implemented from 16:00 this afternoon until 05:00 on
Wednesday, 20 April, due to additional generation unit losses and delayed return to service of generators

2 Likes

We not even in winter yet, where there is a LOT more demand for power for heating. It is going to be an interesting and dark time. Looks like we will be paying for years still for 20 years of theft.

2 Likes

Geez, man, I was feeling all sorry for myself because our gate motor got stolen, but this really puts it in perspective again! Hope your sis is doing alright!

4 Likes

Woohoo!! Monday, but with a public holiday bonus. Nice.

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the messages everyone. Luckily everyone involved is okay. Traumatized but okay. Luckily there is a pastor and a counselor in the community security group who immediately came out to help and talk to my sister and her children. And Saturday we spent lots of time fixing my BILs gate and front door. So far only his laptop was stolen, granted it is a R30k laptop with a 3060 in it. But now he can get one that has a 3080 in.

8 Likes

Morning everyone.

Been hit twice already with the loadshedding.

Glad everyone is safe @DieGrootHammer

I like the always look on the bright side approach.

4 Likes

(S)milestone achieved :grinning:

9 Likes

Morning people of the Palace have a great day off!

I actually gamed till about 1am just in time to turn everything off for loadshedding at 2am. Woke up at 4 turned all the beeping stuff off, went back to bed, running like a mad woman in pjs to get our bin out as they drove past the house at 8am.

Been reading in bed since then with a bedhog

Congrats @GregRedd!

6 Likes

Well done! Never been a smoker but have utmost respect for someone who can kick the habit!

3 Likes

Well done man! Completely smoke-free or did you switch to vaping or e-cigs? I think I quit about 8 years ago now.

2 Likes

Nope, no substitutes at all, save for 3 pieces of nicorete gum in the first two days. Pretty much quit my 36-year, 20+ a day habit overnight. And haven’t regretted it for a moment.

I did replace the smokes with food though, so now my new challenge is to drop the weight I’ve put on in the last two years. But I’m determined to do that to. :smiley:

Thanks all for the support - a number of you were very encouraging and supportive at the time and I’m still very appreciative.

#FatMustFall

8 Likes

Morning all. It’s Tuesday, but it feels like Monday.

:grinning::wave:

Going to bed during load shedding from 22:00 last night and waking up with it again from 06:00 this morning sucks.

3 Likes

Jip had that same load shedding schedule. This is obscene now.

3 Likes

Obscene? How’s this for obscene?

2 Likes

morning people of the palace

Wish me luck at 11, I will be having my interview during loadshedding

6 Likes

Yeah it’s great feeling innit.

Though I don’t regret it, I still have moments or feelings of wanting one. Sometimes the smell just hits you or you have something that usually paired well with a cigarette or a smoke after it. But I know if I ever tried it again I would likely be hooked again. I still maintain, once a smoker always a smoker. oh and the cost saving is another thing, I asked at the kiosk the other day just outta interest (my wife gave me a strange look), and at almost R50 a box I am glad I don’t smoke any more.

3 Likes