Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

All the best bae, may you nail it and be awesome while doing so :wink:

3 Likes

Good luck!

And good luck with the not smoking @GregRedd !

2 Likes

Good luck Wyvern

2 Likes

Thanks all, I hope it went well, at least it felt that way. So hold thumbs that I get the second interview

5 Likes

Yay hooray… /s

3 Likes

So I just went to get the latest schedule for loadshedding in my area… Looks like it’s forever done with by Monday!

Or maybe it’s their lack of planning…

Probably their lack of planning…

2 Likes

Probably.

3 Likes

Definitely probably.

3 Likes

Like the Mayan calendar they just got tired of adding times.

5 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Have a good loadshedding day

2 Likes

Morning all.

:smiley: :wave:

Darn Stage 4 load sheding really messing with my routine and productivity. We shall persevere. Probably.

2 Likes

I just heard that the headmaster of my youngest daughter’s school told her she cannot wear a rainbow mask because she is not allowed to advertise her sexual preferences. Oh my, my daughter is happily lesbian/straight and doesn’t care about the gender of her friends. Something I have always encouraged.

I am gearing up for a fight tomorrow, trying to figure out a calm way to meet with the person in charge of the school.

5 Likes

So, “wear a mask, but not one we don’t like”.

I’d start by wearing a rainbow mask of my own to the meeting… :smiley:

3 Likes

Geez, I like the way you think.

Does the school also allow them to wear skirts or dresses? Way more advertising of the fact that she is not a genderless, personality-less blob than a colourful mask could ever be.

I’d swap out the mask for one that has “I support LGBTQ+” written on. Not advertising her preferences, just her support of it. That’s not against the law, is it?

2 Likes

There is no law against any of this, it is just the school management prejudice. I am assuming a parent complained that their child heard my daughter supports LGBTQ+ publicly and this is where this is coming from.

3 Likes

I like this, good point, thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about that and truly grateful for a miracle in the horror! Hope she is able to recover from the event, all the best for all of you! I know words are not enough :hugs:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Weren’t we already at Stage 3?

1 Like

Cape Town is always 1 stage lower than national. That means we’re on Stage 2 now.

2 Likes