Elite Dangerous

Yeah I’m also on the way just past Gargarin outpost. I took a 67 jump detour to go buy a buggy thing. SRV i think it’s called. Then got to Gargarin and drove around there for a while. Happened to bump into the PS4 organiser while there which was cool.

Onwards!

I have arrived at the waypoint! I have also just dinged 100 mill from selling all the exploration data

3 Likes

I’m still on my way to the next waypoint. Some images I haven’t uploaded yet. I’ve also been using Neutron Stars to boost my jump range when I find them. I can jump 223LY with a boosted FSD.

3 Likes

108 jumps to the first POI for the week :sob:

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m in a random system at the moment, didn’t even reach WP5. I’m going straight to the Cloverfield Planetary Nebula from where I am now. ~8000 LY and 144 jumps, fantastic.

My current strategy of jumping to a system, then scanning it and identifying all the bodies before moving forward, is taking quite some time. I’m wondering if I should continue doing it like that, or just hoof it to WP6.

1 Like

I looked at all the stops along the way on that list and nothing really interested me so I’m currently going direct to the next waypoint. It was 187 jumps and I’m about halfway.

I also saw that wall of stars as we head towards the middle of the galaxy

1 Like

I’m still going to try hit the major POIs. I’m around 60 jumps out from the first one as every system I’m passing through is not yet discovered and the FSS takes up so much time.

1 Like

The FSS does take some time yeah, but the way they did the detailed surface scanner now is much worse. It takes much longer to do that now than it used to.

1 Like

Its pretty awful. I’ve been passing up a few teraformable water worlds just to save a bit of time and effort.

I will still have my Anaconda money and elite explorer rank by the time we get back to the bubble

1 Like

Ok got to wp6 and managed to land on the moon ok but then there were reports of players glitching through the surface so moved to the new wp6. Nice moons on both.

3 Likes

Nice. I’m still far out from the WP.

I’m just gonna head straight there as well now

1 Like

I have arrived at the WP finally!

3 Likes

I got to the Nebula just before WP6, so 30 more jumps to get to WP6. So close

2 Likes

Let’s see tonight where we off to. We getting quite close to the center of the galaxy.

There is a new station being built at the centre called Explorers Anchorage, which is generally expected to be WP7. It seems a part of the fleet has already gone on ahead to it

1 Like

Must be. I reached WP6 now and once again, it is empty with no-one in sight :frowning:
Can’t remember if I posted it here yet, but I’m also part of Fleetcom now.

2 Likes

Noice! I would also recommend joining a squadron. Distant Worlds 3 is still accepting entries.

It has a nice chat that keeps things interesting in an otherwise quiet galaxy. Its also the reason I missed your message. Sorry about that!

2 Likes

How do I go about doing that exactly? I had though, initially, that I had joined the Fleetcom Squadron. But it looks like I only joined the Private Group. So I’m a bit confused, because I haven’t really done coop in Elite.

1 Like