Elite Dangerous

I thought that same thing as well.

If you go to your right hand ship screen, there’s a tab there that has your ranks and some blocks. The one block is labeled “Squadrons”. In that menu you can search for the Squad ID “DW3S”, and request to join. The other PC squads are already full.

You can think of the player group as an MMO game server, and Squadrons as the guilds/clans.

1 Like

Hows everyones progress?

I’m at WP7 now. Shall put up some pictures this weekend

3 Likes

Nice. I haven’t moved at all. Hopefully I’ll catch up this weekend.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m at WP7. Didn’t take me too long, but then again I went directly to Sag A, then hopped to the Armstrong stop.

The next wp is only going to be released in two weeks so I’m thinking of going back to that spaceport so I can ‘save’ and sell my scan data. IF it’s not too far.

3 Likes

After a nice break, the expedition is moving on to waypoint 8

2 Likes

Just got to Lower Hades Edge as I can’t make the direct jump to Goliath’s Rest. There is a step by step of how to get there using neutron stars, but there’s no scooping. So I think I might just stay where I am rather than get stranded. They say it still counts.

3 Likes

You all still hanging in there? Making the waypoints in time?

I’m a little bit behind sadly. I will catch up again though

1 Like

So im not alone at least. I should be able to get there today though seeing that it’s quite a shorter distance this week. Only 2 hours of jumping rather than 4.

anchorman-teamjump

After much jumping, made it to WP9

2 Likes

Nice. I’ll probably only get there tomorrow. Then start onwards to 10.

1 Like

So waypoint 11 is 14kly away from waypoint 10 without taking POI detours into consideration. Lucky there are 2 weeks to do it.

This is something silly like 460 odd jumps for me.

2 Likes

I have reached WP11! How’s everyone else doing?

2 Likes

The expedition is coming to an end! The final leg to Beagle Point is underway.

I’m currently about halfway across “The Abyss” and its proving a bit tricky as the low star density is causing the auto route plotter to continuously fail, so I have to rely on manually plotting waypoints following Route 33 that will allow my ship to get to Beagle without getting stranded.

2 Likes

I have arrived at Beagle Point! Expedition completed!

4 Likes

Well done!! That’s a great accomplishment.

2 Likes

The organisers of Distant Worlds 2 sent me a certificate today along with a DW2 decal to put on my ship.

Such an awesome gesture that brightened up an otherwise kak week. So I think it’s time to get my ship home. I have one last screenshot of some SRV shenanigans at base camp in Beagle Point.

@Entity & @Blazzok, I hope you guys get a chance to finish up before June 13!

4 Likes

This was interesting following your journey. GG

2 Likes

here a cool thread @oltman

… and some obligatory screenshots

2 Likes