Elite Dangerous

Dude, ain’t nothing wrong with keyboard and mouse, it’s just the HOTAS feels more natural. The nice thing about using keyboard is the abundance of buttons available as there are a lot of bindings. But don’t get me wrong, they did an excellent job in translating the controls to a controller and utilize button combos, by holding one button and pressing another to make a binding.

Each works and works well for the intended purpose, but if you wanna do things properly when I imagine VR and HOTAS to be best experience you can have.

It’s taking all my willpower to not buy the game.

1 Like

I’m thinking of withdrawing R500 of my betting money and just buying it. But it feels like it can go on special again at any time.

We all take that risk every time we buy :slight_smile:

I normally always only buy on special. But I haven’t wanted a game like this in years.

Cool. Just make sure you really want it. Have you watched gameplay videos and stuff?

I’ve got 20 hours played on the XBone. Want to get it for my Rift. I absolutely love the game which is why I thought it best to stop on the console.

I can’t imagine it on VR. Would look amazing.

1 Like

Yeah screw it. I think I’m going to get it. We only live once.

(watch how it goes on special soon after… however I will be supporting the devs, so there is that)

2 Likes

I’ll send you my HOTAS within the week.

1 Like

Haha we haven’t decided on a price yet. And also I have to see how sick I get. Bought some motion sickness pills, bought the game and it’s busy downloading. Yay!

1 Like

Don’t think you will. Your machine is more than capable of outputting the required frames and besides, it’s cockpit based game so you (the character) don’t move around.

And too bad, the HOTAS is already en route.

I hope I’ll be able to handle it.

Also it’s not en route, you aren’t even in South Africa! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

For those that don’t know, Frontier has some free stuff in their shop from time to time

https://www.frontierstore.net/game-extras.html?dir=asc&order=price

2 Likes

So I’ve been playing Elite in VR now since last week Friday. It’s absolutely amazing. The sheer scale of it all.

It’s the the kind of game that can keep you busy for so long and surprisingly doesn’t even need a subscription.

I now have a profile page at Inara!

I love how it tracks everything.

3 Likes

Hello Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce that, from May 24 to May 30, we will be introducing an extended ‘Bonus Weekend’, which will bring temporary but lucrative bonuses to the galaxy!

The bonuses we will activate for this period are as follows:

All profits from trading activities will be increased (the amount of profit will vary depending on what you are shipping and where you’re shipping it to. Rare commodities are excluded from this bonus.)
The materials requested for engineering recipes will be at one rank below the existing ones (cheapening the current cost of engineering your modules.)

Whether you’re a penniless pauper or a wealthy space-tycoon, it’ll pay to haul this weekend, so dust off your freighters and get out there!

Oh, and if you need a little extra jump-range, the engineers have you covered!

Will anyone else be playing this weekend?

1 Like

I think I’ll play some over the weekend. I have that Type 7 that’s doing nothing at the moment. Might as well exploit the situation and make some money.

1 Like

I wonder if it includes trading missions or if it’s just buying and selling. Can’t find any decent information.

As far as I’ve read, it’s basically general trading activities. The bonus doesn’t cover rare materials though.

Also the bonus weekend starts TODAY! May 24. Most probably only live for us from tomorrow though due to time zones.