Game Store Sale Thread - Steam, Epic, GOG, Humble, Fanatical

So, the great STEAM SUMMER SALE 2018 is almost upon us. Gaben have mercy on our wallets!

I thought it would be cool for us to share our loot hauls and wishlists here. Might help each other pick out some gems.

From my side, i’m keen on

• Sunless Sea
  • Sunless Skies
  • Battle Chasers
  • Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth
  • Cultist Sim
  • Opus Magnum
  • MachiaVillain
  • Divinity 2
  • Thimbleweek Park
4 Likes

Personally there’s not much I’m interested in right now. Between Destiny 2 (with expansions) and The Division (with DLC) I don’t really have much of a desire to play or buy anything else. It’s quite a liberating feeling not being anxious about the upcoming sale and watching my wish list with a hawk eye.

Worst case scenario I can leave it for the sales later in the year.

2 Likes

With the constant specials and weekly sales, I’m in the same boat. There’s nothing really in my Wishlist that I’m desperate to get, the backlog of unplayed games gets bigger every month with Humble Monthly, I add the odd game or two to it every now and then, and I still can’t find the time to play the games I actually do want to as it is. If anything on my Wishlist is at 75%+ off I’d think about, but otherwise, meh.

To be honest, for me at least, the most interesting thing about the last few Steam Sales has been collecting the sale specific trading cards and then flogging them on the Market for a few cents. :slight_smile:

(For those who do want a slightly easier way to track discounts and sales items, remember that SteamDB keeps a sortable sales stats page here: https://steamdb.info/sales/ - if you log in with your Steam ID you can track just your Wishlist items, and can also change the currency to ZAR.)

1 Like

For me too, I think that’s why I really enjoyed the Spring Clean event.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for a discount on Battletech since it’s already well priced for us South African.

2 Likes

ah yes, i was also looking for Battletech at a good price.

but just like you guys, my backlog if pretty huge. added to that, i also have Xbone gamepass, along with PS4 and Switch backlog :frowning: realistically, i won’t ever get to play all the games i own. but its more about “having” them and knowing that if i wanted to, i could

1 Like

I’ll just be adding more games to my magnificent Wishlist

1 Like

I’m not buying new games this year. At least I haven’t since around February.

1 Like

I have a few things on my Wishlist that I might grab if they’re under R150, but I’m not expecting to spend a lot during this sale.

1 Like

Once again my rule of 75% off or more applies.

Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth Expansion
Clicker Heroes 2
Shardlight
Ghost of a Tale
BIOMUTANT
Fable - The Lost Chapters
Last Day of June
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse
My Time At Portia
Space Invaders Extreme
Tom Clancy’s The Division

4 Likes

The Division Gold Edition is still going for -80% over at Fanatical… I doubt it’ll be cheaper during the sale. Might as well grab it while it’s hot.

1 Like

hahah yea I honestly cant - even if I wanted to - blerry car license renewals

I can highly recommend this Diablo like game. Spent many hours in it, great game with a great story. Cheap cheap for R80

4 Likes

Cool we actually had it as one of our MyGame/Game Clubs before. :smile:

So far I’m not buying anything but I’ve got quite a bit of Steam credit so I may treat myself.

2 Likes

yeah, Grim Dawn is superb. at that price, its a no-brainer

2 Likes

Hey, American Truck Sim is <R60

2 Likes

Nothing in my Wishlist is over 70% off :frowning:

But I think I’m going to take advantage of 90% off the Valve Collection and convert my physical copies to digital.

The only one I have in my Steam library is CS-Global Offensive, and even though I’ll probably not actually get around to playing them all again, (except maybe Portal and Portal 2, the disks for which I can’t find!) I can add the other 18 games for under R90, which is definitely my kinda deal!

2 Likes

All I wanted was Wasteland 1. It isn’t on sale… But, Wasteland 2: DC is, and comes with #1.

Unfortunately… I notice they’re making a remastered version of #1 for an early 2019 release… Now I’m not sure what to do… Maybe I’ll just wait a year or two.

1 Like

I was hoping for Rimworld on special. Alas, not to be

1 Like

Yeah same. I vaguely remember something about the developers saying that they will never put the game on special.

1 Like

Oxygen Not Incuded is on sale and well worth it

2 Likes