[GameClub 18] Hades

What if I’m currently playing Hades

1 Like

Our usual deal is that you have to play the game through from beginning to end during the GameClub period. NewGame+ is allowed.

Nice! Now I just need to wait for the game to be gifted to me during the Steam sale :grin: (thanks SS)

2 Likes

since I am already 63 escape attempts in with 43 success streak at the moment, I don’t think I am going to start a new game now. But I am happy to provide people with like help or whatever if anyone wants.

3 Likes

…which is exactly what happened to me! I’ll be starting it soon!

3 Likes

So I got this and Doom Eternal.

You guys are making me poor XD downloading them both and will start them as soon as possible :mechanical_arm:

6 Likes

See the game is on special on Steam, if I can get my controller working on the Mac I might consider it.

1 Like

Gonna start this up as soon as I get back from Bethlehem. Going there later today to visit the family

1 Like

Thats a long flight dude. :smiley:

4 Likes

XD not that Bethlehem

1 Like

Hearing good things about Hades and don’t see any official thread for it. While I game on a budget and a Mac ( I’m sorry, I don’t have a PC), was wondering if it still be worth it considering it’s a 13" MacBook which I would use a controller for?

1 Like

Just out of curiosity. How long is Hades to beat?

1 Like

I’ve done a couple of runs so far (8 I think) and I’ve only managed to beat Meg twice. I guess I need to upgrade my skills a bit more. I unlocked the trident weapon 2 runs ago and it seems to be my favourite so far…

1 Like

If there are people struggling, in the options menu there is a setting to enable “god mode” this gives you a damage resist buff after each death, can’t remember at how much it starts at but it adds +2% damage resist each time. Totally optional.

1 Like

Well, I managed a fairly good run now. Got to the (double) boss fight at the end of Elysium and whittled down their lifebars to around 25% each when they finally got me.

1 Like

Best strat for there is to get rid of the minotaur first, staying away from king using the pillars to your advantage so you don’t get hit by his spear, the fight then becomes significantly easier as after a spear is thrown he will turn away from you allowing you to attack him. if you are comfortable with your dodging skills you should be fine surviving in melee range, otherwise stay at range letting him throw his spear instead of him doing his aoe melee attack.

So my favorite weapons so far is the Spear and the Shield. Unlocked the gun last night but had to got to bed since I’m working today. Can’t wait to get home and play some more

1 Like

Yup, spear with either drunk or doom effects packs a bell of a punch. That, together with some dodge damage effect was the reason I got to the boss fight of Elysium (the third region).

I don’t really use cast that often…

I only ever use normal attacks and it has been working fine so far. :smiley:

I alternate normal, dash and special attacks. Especially based on the boons I’m granted, as the DOT boons help a hell of a lot against bosses.