[GameClub 18] Hades

So I just completed they game. Seeing the credits rolling and everything. So I guess that’s another game for gameclub done? @SIGSTART I need assistance maybe?

2 Likes

Nice! I’m still contemplating picking this up :joy:

2 Likes

If you want to we can acc share or something

2 Likes

According to my steam you have stopped contemplating :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

In the name of Hades! Olympus! I accept this challenge.

haha yeah I caved and loving it, albeit in a sllaptop and small(er) screen.

2 Likes

About 6 solid hours today and managed to get as far as taking down Meg. I am honestly loving this game.

One ability I don’t seem to use much, if at all, is those red crystal thingies. Not sure what they’re for as the damage is often negatable.

2 Likes

They are your “cast” attack, and depending on the boon you get, they can be quite good, I know for instance the boon from Demeter makes them into like stationary slow firing lasers which deal damage and inflicts “cold” stacks on the enemies.

3 Likes

You can also upgrade a talent that allows you to increase damage (10% per stack) to enemies with a red crystal stuck in them. It’s great for taking down bosses.

I used to struggle with Meg, but she’s a breeze compared to her sisters! The claws weapon makes it easy (for me) to take down Meg. I just wish you could swap weapons between regions, as I can’t take down the Hydra with melee weapons.

1 Like

Damn, I’m getting hooked on this game. It’s always that “one more run” and before you know it, it’s after 1am.

1 Like

And now I’m officially in the Hades game club! Had an issue with the game not fully utilising the GPU but switching to windowed mode fixed that.

The combat is frenetic and fun. I was enjoying the bow and arrow but now with the shield I’ve been able to smash Meg (also thanks to Poseidon’s OP special attack) who interestingly changed her attacks. I’m guessing because of the weapon I was using.

1 Like

I’ve been consistently making it to Elysium, which means I’m probably getting better. I once managed to get through to Hades himself, who promptly destroyed me. I have 2 more talents left to unlock in the mirror (for a whopping 30 cthonic keys). I realised that using keepsakes for ensuring certain Olympian boons helps a lot, like ensuring Athena is my first boon so I can get some deflect abilities. Then I usually go for Ares or Dionysus when switching keepsakes just before Asphodel so I can get some doom or drunk damage in.

1 Like

I am consistently getting to Meg, though only beat her as handful of times. Think I’m sitting on about 34 attempts. Though I think the problem is more attuned to me varying between weapon types and not getting comfortable with one and familiar with it.

1 Like

The spear with the one mod from Dadelus is amazing

1 Like

Yeah, I had one run with the spear which just made me feel invinsible. It would attack with three consective hits AND had Jolt. Melted enemies, combined with the 400% special damage to armor and dash-attack just burned through them with the combos.

2 Likes

So you haven’t unlocked “Fury” yet? Still at Meg?

2 Likes

Yeah, I get to the fire/lava area and maybe about half way through there. Have not met a second boss.

2 Likes

The second boss is the Bone Hydra. At some point in the game Meg starts alternating to her other 2 sisters at random, each with their own attack mechanics (and arenas). Meg is (for me at least) the easiest of the 3 Fury sisters, with Tisiphone being the hardest due to the shrinking arena. That’s where a boon with Deflect is incredibly useful, especially if you have it on dash. I just dash attack the whole boss fight through, taking minimal damage that way.

2 Likes

Problem kicks in when you have to fight all 3 of them lucky you only need to kill Meg but her sisters assist her.

Also can we all agree that Chaos just looks amazing especially his domain

1 Like

That must be really new, as I have not had to fight all three at once, ever.

2 Likes

Maybe I just suck.

2 Likes