[GameClub 18] Hades

nah you can do it :smiley:

A lot of the enemies are patterns, once you start getting a feel for how they move and attack it becomes easier.

2 Likes

Minor spoiler

You can unlock harder boss fights for additional rewards once you beat Hades a few times

2 Likes

I think I’m just too aggressive, I always to be in the offensive, you know, balls to the wall.

2 Likes

Not new… It’s called the Pact of Punishment.

2 Likes

ahhh of course, completely forgot one of the things make the bosses do different things, I am slowly going from the top increasing the heat, since each weapon has different heat levels, it is going slow but steady, I normally pick the weapon which has the bonus to darkness, keeps things a bit interesting.

2 Likes

I can’t remember if it’s all 3 of them or just the 2 of them

1 Like

I’ve managed to kill Meg twice now but haven’t played all that much. Been to busy with Yakuza and RDR2 but I will try make some time for Hades this week.

2 Likes

So I can consistently make it to Hades now and managed to get his health bar down to about 20% on one attempt. I’m learning his attacks now and can predict what he’s about to do, but I’m still struggling. I think I’m just too hasty to beat him every time. I’m on 33 escape attempts currently and haven’t tried God Mode yet. I just saved and quit near the end of Elysium on my last run and still have 3x Death Defiance left and will probably run with Lucky Tooth for Styx and Hades, which should give me 4x extra lives during the final fight.

3 Likes

With the first run using the shield I got some amazing buffs - including the Call the Gods powerup - 350 damage Poseidon rush for the win! And I got a Duo buff from Poseidon and Zeus. So I dispatched Meg and then went on to take out the Hydra first time :muscle: but finally fell in Elysium. Since then I haven’t had as much luck but have still been able to beat the Hydra with the other weapons - the spear is next.

The loop is indeed addictive. When you’re thinking of stopping after dying you then just want to quickly have more conversations, then next thing you know you’ve picked a weapon and started another run!

2 Likes

And you’ve beat, or at least reached, Hades!

Only last night I was able to get a great run with Shield and managed to kill Meg and went to the Bone Hydra for the first time where I murdered it. I save and quit after that as it was after midnight.

So much of this!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve reached Hades now 6 times in a row. My 7th (hopefully successful) attempt is coming as soon as I continue my save. I have some good boons and weapon enhancements ready to take on Styx!

Artemis and Athena are my go-to Olympians for the first 2 regions. I start with Athena to get a good deflect boon (either on attack or dash) so I can negate most damage done to me, then I will keep on grabbing Artemis boons until I get the shoot-arrow-on-attack boon. Anything else is just a bonus after that.

1 Like

But you don’t have much of a choice in the matter, you get what you’re dealt, aren’t you?

You are at the whim of the RNG overlords, such is the nature of these games, innit?

1 Like

If you run with their keepsakes, you have a guaranteed chance of that Olympian appearing as your next boon, with a minimum of 10% chance of it being rare. So I switch keepsakes after every region to ensure I get the Olympians I want. After getting Artemis and Athena, I switch to a keepsake that complements my weapon and build at that point in time, or the one that removes damage dealt when entering a Chaos gate. For Styx and Hades I choose Lucky Tooth to give me an extra revive after death.

1 Like

But that’s only the first boon, there’s no guarantee you will get subsequent ones through that level.

Does that not reset your stacking and or current buffs?

1 Like

If you are running a keepsake that buffs damage or dodge for example, it will reset to 0 if you get rid of it.
@FarligOpptreden is saying that you can switch to a different Olympian keepsake and it will trigger a guaranteed boon from that particular god, once per region.

So if you start with Zeus’s keepsake, the first chamber will give you a Zeus boon, and then random ones for the rest of Tartarus. After beating Meg, you can switch to Ares’s keepsake and it will guarantee a Ares boon on the first room out of Asphodel, etc, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks, will try that tactic.

Maybe I should admit defeat and come to the realisation that I just suck.

1 Like

All you guys with strategy - I just dash around whacking stuff :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think I beat Hades on my 38th escape attempt. I’m currently on 102 :grin:
Just keep at it, you’ll get there.

1 Like

Pretty much me all the way. Just take whatever looks good at the time.

I am on my 38th attempt and only beaten Bone Hydra.

1 Like

Pray to RNGeezus before you go to bed.

1 Like