[GameClub] Destiny 2

Ah so we could theoretically do the quest then. But then the exotic will probably get soon overtaken by higher level weapons and then you’d have to infuse

That’s the grind, yes. You store exotics for later and infuse once you reach level cap. Then you wait for a new expansion to drop and do it all over again.

1 Like

So I finished the game yesterday with @Wyverns help and then got dragged into something that was way above my level with @Darthmol and @Wyvern Its after that that I discovered I’d been playing with really low level equipment.

3 Likes

Bwahahahahaha eejit!

You must mos know thats how I play rpgs by now.

I love it :stuck_out_tongue:

I have yet to have a single mod thingy (enhancement cores, thanks @MalicE ) drop (apparently it drops frequently from Forsaken) so I’ve never been able to infuse anything. I get around this by destroying my exotic, and recreating it in the menu, it then appears as roughly my level…probably more expensive overall, but since i don’t have any of the enhancement cores, only way for me to do it.

1 Like

Enhancement Cores. Yes they are easier to come by if you have Forsaken

Also if you infuse with an exotic you don’t need an enhancement core. and if you infuse with the same weapon/armor

2 Likes

Did not know that, dont fuully understand how infusing works. which gets eaten by which, does what ive equipped currently become something else?
Say i am holding a sniper rifle power 100 and i have a scout rifle 150 in inv. if i infuse the 2 will my equipped sniper rifle become 125? 150? will it become a scout rifle 150+?

The sniper rifle will become lvl 150

1 Like

Nicely done @czc!

yes. and you don’t need to have it equipped. it will absorb the higher lvl item you dismantle and get its power lvl

1 Like

online shooty space game.

Online shooty space game.

I wouldn’t mind having one of those, just as merch

1 Like

Just finished the base game. Forgot how short it actually is if you only play mission to mission. I didn’t even unlock my third subclass. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Finished the base game :D. Now to run around and find some better loot.

3 Likes

So is everyone on track to finish the game? My grind to PL650 is well on its way. Made a nice jump last night from 610-618. “Powerful Loot” quests and lots of Gambit and Crucible helps as well. I eventually managed to get the Ascended Prime Evil drop to start the Malfeasance quest as well!

3 Likes

I finished the game the day before yesterday. It’s really pretty and it was quite fun most of the time, but I doubt I will return to it.

*EDIT: I ended with an average power level of 249, if memory serves.

4 Likes

Ha, cutting it fine but I also finally finished the main story. That last part I skipped doing adventures and just did the main quests. I’ll go back and finish all the adventures now.

5 Likes

There will always be more adventures and heroic adventures. Even after you “complete” the game and DLC stories there are even more story missions that pop up. It’s part of the weekly grind. As someone who’s a neurotic completionist in games, I’ve learned to just do stuff in the game to level up. I try and clear my “Director Rewards” (all the gold stars you see in orbit) each week, but not much more than that.

4 Likes