[GameClub] Game 11 Nominations

Agreed. Both mentioned can be finished over the course of a weekend or two.
If Witcher 2 wins, everybody can actually play it twice in the two months to cover both paths in act 2. Will have more than enough time.

1 Like

You’re overestimating how fast some of us can play.

Doubtful as I’m one of the slowest players there is. (Just ask my wife :slight_smile: ). I always get side-tracked exploring new paths that lots of times lead to nowhere.
Black Mesa took me days to complete where someone else mentioned something about 13 hours I think. Well, it did take weeks, but if you put all my actual playing time together, it was multiple days.

1 Like

Standard stuff

1. Mass Effect
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Mass Effect 3
2 Likes

Nominations seems to be going slow for this round.

1. Prey
  2. Magicka
  3. Mutant Year Zero (going free on Epic Game Store)
  1. Borderlands: The Pre Sequel
  2. Magicka
  3. Mutant Year Zero (Never played anything from the Epic Store)

Why would anyone wanna play Borderlands Pre-Sequel in the month that Borderlands 3 releases?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Because we’re not getting Borderlands 3 on release.

2 Likes

Sucks to be you then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, I was well aware of that. Hence the emoji.

The only reason I’m getting it in release is because of account sharing and a friend downloading it for me.

Yeah, also because Borderlands usually has an insane amount of DLC. I usually wait until everything has been released and buy a release with everything included.

I might play Pre-sequel anyway next month with my wife as we just finished BL1 and currently busy with the DLCs. I just won’t commit to finishing it in just 2 months.

There’s no way I cannot get a Borderlands game on release, I’ll get the DLC eventually as well. If my friend wasn’t buying it for us I would have probably sold some games to get it.

Guys, with the amount of people participating and nominating games for Game Club, is it maybe time to put it to rest? What do you think?

Not yet, but maybe we can take a break with everyone so busy

1 Like

I think give it a pause for a month or two like Wyv suggested.

2 Likes

I agree. I know I have NEVER finished one of these… ahem… but December / January is the best time for me to tackle a game club :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I also think it might be time to take a break. Even if Witcher were to win this round I wouldn’t play it. I just got 5 new Switch games to play this weekend (including Octopath Traveler) as well as Fist of the North Star and Crash Trilogy on PS4. On top of that Borderlands 3 drops in three weeks and Link’s Awakening two weeks after that so I’m not gonna have time for much.

2 Likes

I’m also on board for a break. The next several months are going to be crazy for me.

2 Likes

I only managed to complete AC: Origins. I liked it so much that I bought AC: Odyssey over the weekend on the Uplay sale (also cashing in some points for a deeper discount). It will be my go-to game for the rest of the year, to be honest. I seldom game these days and I’m rather thinking of getting a Switch to leverage bed-times with baby between us when I spend reading random crap online.

2 Likes

I’m still on AC Origins and it seems to never end (probably cause I keep getting side-tracked). Getting playtime in has also been a mission since the girls have been difficult. We’ve now pulled in some of the grandmas but it seems that now they’ve realised that and they’re stepping things up to the point where two people are needed at the same time.

Will see if I manage to get some time in this weekend but doubt I’ll be able to finish. The game is quite enjoyable and with my intermittent playing, I haven’t gotten bored yet. So I don’t mind if the game still continues for a while as it by far beats sitting in front of my pc, staring at my gaming libraries and pondering what to play next. :slight_smile:

2 Likes