[GameClub] Stardew Valley

makes sense. Thanks bud.

1 Like

No problem man. In other news, I might start tonight. Thinking of choosing the Riverland farm maybe. I’ll see.

2 Likes

I didn’t start yet.

1 Like

I started but gonna restart completely with just a few of the mods disabled - I want to do this without the big cheats
Even if it drives me nuts :stuck_out_tongue:
Going to be good, the only cheats I do want to run is the npc locations, the extended farm, more hairstyles and the dog randomiser

I tested some of the farms and I will def do the forst

1 Like

How does the forest map work exactly? Does it help boost your supply of standard wood?

1 Like

Basically yep - loads of wood, also more foraging in summer - winter. I prefer foraging than farming - but in the beginning I farm a bit just to make cash. But I walk around constantly to pick up flowers and spring onions and anything else. I also always make the cave mushrooms.

2 Likes

Managed to play about an hour on my new farm last night, will carry on when I’m home again. I’m thinking of skipping animals for now and focusing on coffee/beer/wine for my farm but I’ll see how it goes.

My new planned layout

1 Like

There’s not much happening there. Can you make a living with only that 4 buildings?

How big of a difference does those first two make? I haven’t played much of this game yet.

I’m going to take a stab at one of them and say NPC locations probably display their current locations? instead of you looking all over for them and burning the hours on the fragile clock?
I could of course be completely wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The new patch that came out tonight killed the farm extension mod (for now), hopefully it will be updated as well soon. Not that I think I’m gonna use the extra space.

1 Like

Inside the buildings I am gonna run my casks and so forth

The finding npcs is very useful - otherwise I go nuts running around looking for it

The extended farm is one I havent tried yet - I wanted to see what it does

1 Like

I have no idea what you just said. Will build a building like that, and see what I can do with it :slight_smile:

So I started over the weekend. Called my farmer Stefan…for no reason whatsoever…and his trusty dog, Sir Barkalot.

I am playing on the hilltop map, and have to say it’s kinda meh. The map is okay, but I like the Forest and normal maps more. Maybe because I have more than 300 hours on them, but oh well.

So, the first week Stefan spent meeting new people, exploring the community and area, and planting some parsnips. They grew into some lovely plants that were sold for a good profit. The first profit Stefan made on the farm. Oh, he was so proud of himself. After leaving the big city in search of a simpler life, he could never imagine finding solace on such a peaceful little acre of land.

The second week was spent really knuckling down and cleaning up the farm, and was the first encounter with the community centre, a strange old wizard, as well as the mysterious mines. Stefan braved to cold depths of the mine and reached a staggering depth of level 15. Only to find out the Adventure Guild wants him to reach level 40! Yikes! He will need more than his rusty blade if he is to go down that far.

On Friday night, the whole town gathers in the bar for some rest and relaxation after the long week. Stefan took this opportunity to meet more people. And then, all of a sudden, he saw her. It was like something out of an old movie. He stared across the bar at the most impeccable raven head beauty. She introduced herself as Leah, and Stefan’s knees melted. He knew he had to get to know this person better.

6 Likes

I managed to start my farm last night - got to day 5, I have cleared a patch of land in front of the house, and next to the broken greenhouse. I have spent all my money on that. By buying extra seeds and planting that. I have also foraged every day, making a bit of cash from that. I have met about 22 people in the town so far, and picked up my most hated item - the fishing pole - which i immediately just put into a chest.

I am harvesting wood as far as I go, as well as everything else - altho I do sell most seeds (just not the mixed seeds - just the tree seeds), breaking rocks on the farm. I have the community hall unlocked but still need to see the magician.

3 Likes

I put some time in last night and got to day 15 IIRC. Got a few crops going on that’s starting to bring the money in along with my foraging, mining and fishing. Just started construction of the coop (I know I said I’m gonna skip animals, but I changed my mind for now). I do need animal products for community centre so might as well do it.

2 Likes

With good RNG on your side, you could buy the animal and artisan products from the travelling merchant and skip the animals

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Meh, I’ll see how it goes. As long as I don’t go overboard with crops and animals I should be fine.

3 Likes