[GameClub] Stardew Valley

I took my watering can to be upgraded and to my surprise it will take a couple of days. They can at least give you some warning. I really hope all my crops survive.

1 Like

Everything takes a couple of days, hopefully you can maybe make some sprinklers?

I got to day 20 of spring! Started flirting with Harvey

And hating the caves - my ocd makes me break the stones by colour coding and I cannot leave anything behind, so it takes forever to do 5 levels.

1 Like

Hand in your tools just before an event you will get it back the day after the event.

1 Like

Year 3 for me

Another method for the watering can would be to check the tv weather reports. If it says rain for the next day then that would be a good day to hand it in for upgrades.

1 Like

When I upgraded it the first time it was in winter

All tools take 2 days to upgrade. So from the day you hand them in, on the third day you can get it back.

I would say the best is to hand in the watering can 3 days before the end of the season. During that time most of your crops will be done and you won’t have time again to replant anything. You can upgrade the axe and pickaxe during the month with proper planning. If you know for the next few days you’re going to focus on things that will not be using those tools, go and upgrade them.

Remember, once you upgrade your watering can, you can hold down the action button to start watering more squares. The further you upgrade it, the more squares are covered. I only learned this much later than I should have in my first playthrough.

Also the Saga of Stefan the Farmer will continue a bit later.

2 Likes

They can at least give you a warning. It’s the first time I’m upgrading something. If my crops die then I don’t know if I would want to continue.

2 Likes

I started a new farm on the Switch as well while I’m not at home. Still early days, on day 8 now.

I’ll probably make a lot of progress today though.

I took the hill-top farm this time.

2 Likes

On day 9 now. Visited the Wizard, he gave my some potion to understand the forest.

1 Like

Ah ok, makes sense. i’m on Year 2 on my main game. I’m close to getting my first Iridium I think.

1 Like

This is my farm on the Switch right now:

3 Likes

I reached summer day 8.
Went down to level 20 in the mines.
I now have 2 chickens. Don’t really get the whole “silo” thing just yet.

What is your average daily income that you aim for?

I realised that it looks so zoomed out because the resolution was set at 4k…

2 Likes

I’m on day 9 now but it looks like you’ve built more stuff than me.

3 Likes

The silo stores the hay. In the back of your coop is a feeder that will take from the silo’s storage. You can use your scythe on long grass to top up your silo.

3 Likes

More newbie tips and tricks:

The TV: Watch TV every day. Through it you will be able to see your luck for the day. On days where you are extra lucky, you will find better minerals in the mines, and your chance of finding better things from geodes are also much higher. Wait until your luck it at it’s highest to go process geodes. Also, every Wednesday and Sunday there is a cooking show. Watching it will teach you how to cook a different dish. Some may give you a lot of extra buffs you need to survive the mines.

Worms: Have you seen those strange worms sticking out of the ground wriggling about? Well, if you use the hoe on them, you will find artifacts and lost books, especially on days you are lucky. These books are available in the library to read, and gives you many of the clues and tips that you need to truly maximize your Stardew Valley experience.

4 Likes

I thought they gave you clay.

Made it to level 4 in the mine before I got exhausted.

1 Like

Make sure you have food and snacks that give a lot of energy when tackling the mines. It will allow you to easily complete a good 5-10 levels each day if you mine efficiently (i.e. only aim for the ladder to the next elevator checkpoint).

1 Like

In other words not like me, who makes a bunch of cherry bombs to blast my way thru the mine. But I really struggle to leave stones unbroken

I made it to day 3 in Summer! Wooot!

Im breaking my ocd a bit with my plants and sprinkler layouts

I have 2 coops and 4 cheeeeeeeeeeekuns
And started making mayo and fermenting food and making jam.

Ah, was wondering what I should use my cherry-bombs for…

Is it worth the money, making all those stuffs?