Gaming Deals

F1 2019 at lowest price ever on Steam through until 19 March:

2 Likes

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_goodies_collection?pp=6d7084b4994a00d15257677cab1bc26390d1a432 We have a real treat for all gamers - The Witcher Goodies Collection available for free.

It includes arts, books, soundtracks, the making of videos, Video Game Show concert, wallpapers, and many more goodies from all The Witcher games gathered together for the first time.

Claim this unique giveaway before it ends on March 18th, at 2 PM UTC.

4 Likes

So gog just started their stay at home deals :smiley:

Found it again lol

4 Likes

What Waco doesn’t mention is the all the “Stay at Home” games are FREE!

There is a whole bunch of games on sale as well as part of the GOG Spring Sale.

8 Likes

Woohoo! Look at all the linux games :smiley:

4 Likes

Here is another list of free games.

3 Likes

Damn fine discount pricing on Cities: Skylines for the weekend. BIG discounts on base game (-80% at R63.80) and on Deluxe Edition (-75% at R102.25)

5 Likes

Spring Sale at the Epic Games Store

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/spring-sale-2020

Probably one of your last chances to use any leftover coupons from the last sale before they expire on 1st of May.

Edit: Urgh! That Rand Dollar exchange rate though…

6 Likes

GOG is doing this thing where they send their newsletter subscribers special discounts.

No problem with that in principle, but today they sent through this…

They promise “the biggest discount yet” on Diablo and Hellfire, but don’t tell you how much it is.

And then you have to make use of the discount immediately when you click through. If you close the page before using the discount you lose it.

Can’t quite put my finger on why, but I dislike this trend tremendously.

That said, I understand that folks may have exploited the discount codes GOG sent out in their mailers, and this is a way to curb that. But can’t they at least tell me how much the discount will be?

5 Likes

Interesting and yes, unnerving. Maybe the discounts are randomised when you click through :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think it leads into this whole FOMO thing society has going now.

And I agree with SIGSTART that it is not ‘right’.

2 Likes

Kerbal Space Program on 1 week -82% sale over on IndieGala @ $6.99 (about R130).

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/kerbal-space-program/220200

1 Like

The Atari Vault is on Star Deal sale for just $1 (~R19) on Fanatical for the next 2 days/while keys last (only 70% left right now).

0a333483-80fe-41c3-8a62-f45b49520946

Play 100 classic Atari 2600 and arcade games including Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command, Tempest, Warlords, and so much more. For the first time ever, battle for arcade supremacy online or at home and compare your high scores with players from around the world with Steam leaderboards. Experience a new level of control playing your favorite games with the multi-functional Steam Controller.
The new user-Interface is designed to create the greatest classic arcade experience for a new generation of gamers! Original Cabinet and Box Art – Relive the glory days with period-accurate cabinet and box art.

2 Likes

Weekend sale

3 Likes

60% off Weekend Deal for Wreckfest - at R160 that’s the equal cheapest it’s ever been. Tons of fun.

1 Like

I love that game. Played a lot of it on XBox.

2 Likes

Does it play with controller or your wheel?

Am assuming this is a Q to me about Wreckfest?

Either wheel or controller work. I’ve used both equally well. But, it is a genuine racing game with some fairly decent mechanics and vehicle simulation, despite the demolition derby arcade premise of the game. On that basis, wheel all the way.

1 Like

General question to anybody. You just like being first!

3 Likes

Just spotted that Bright Memory has gone on a one week 20% off sale over on Steam. The “Demo” level for the impressive upcoming Bright Memory: Infinite game that was showcased on the recent edition of Inside Xbox, was already fairly cheap at just R79, now at R63.20 it’s a steal as all Bright Memory owners will get the full version of Bright Memory: Infinite for free once it’s released!

Check out @SIGSTART’s recent playthrough stream of the game which he called “the best R80 I’ve spent in a while”.

4 Likes