Gaming Deals

Thanks. I’ve been holding out on the Humble (whatever the new name for monthly is) sub because I only want Grid. Will pick this up now.

3 Likes

So, seems like if you already own Grid Autosport (like me) then the Grid + Grid Autosport “bundle” worked out cheaper on Steam. I ended up paying R59 + loose change to “complete the bundle”. It seems that user reviews aren’t all that positive, but for that price it’s a steal. So I’ll get it downloading and fire it up over the weekend.

2 Likes

You can get a month’s Origin Access Basic sub for R14,95. Deal available until 29 June.

https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/origin-access

5 Likes

This game had horrendous loot box mechanics when it launched, but they fixed all that and its actually a pretty darned good game :wink:

R60 is a steal

EDIT: I see the link in Discourse looks like click bait, not giving you the info you would want…

FYI, its Shadow of War :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a great deal.

Given this steep discount, why do they still insist on using Denuvo?

2 Likes

I just grabbed Assetto Corsa for R30 odd bucks. I see @Solitude has it on his wishlist.

I also see that the ultimate edition is also a lot cheaper than usual, might be a better buy.

4 Likes

Thanks @Konck. Will skip it for now. Have too many games and too little time. It’s nice and cheap though!

1 Like

Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 both on 75% off sale until 18 September. With regional pricing, they are dirt cheap :smiley:

Dirt Rally @ R32.50

Dirt Rally 2.0 @ R54.75 for Standard and R82.25 for GotY Edition with all DLC

5 Likes

Har har :rofl:

1 Like

So I caved and bought Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY on Steam while it’s still on special for another 12 odd hours… Purely because of this:

3 Likes

A really good buy in my opinion. At R82.25, it’s ridiculously good value for the amount of content you get.

Come join our DR2 Club and do the second half of our WRC-style R5 championship.

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/245127

1 Like

My biggest constraint right now is disk space! The game is huge and I don’t have ~100GB free right now… All my other sim racers / -flyers / -spacer-farers are eating up my disk space currently. So I’ll wait until I’m “done” with some of my other games to free up space and get into Dirt Rally 2.0.

3 Likes

1 Like

The Epic store is currently running a Halloween sale. Also have Layers of Fear 2 and Costume Quest 2 for free.

2 Likes

Big 25th Anniversary Sale on over at Fanatical

Haven’t had a decent chance to go through it at all yet, but did notice that there both Bundles and Standalone games on sale. Also, there seems to be a lot on the sale - may need a luch hour to go trawling for bargains.

2 Likes

Also see Humble are having a one week Frontier Developments Sale at the moment:

Frontier (to my ongoing irritation) don’t do much, if anything, in terms of Steam Regional Pricing for us, so if there’s a chance to grab a Frontier game or DLC pack at a big discount, it’s always worth considering.

Seeing deals like:

Also Deluxe versions and most (all?) of the DLC for Jurassic World, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo are on the sale too.

ETA - Just realized the discounts/prices in my list are a little better for me because I still have a Humble Monthly Choice sub. If you don’t, add 5% to the sale price - sorry.

3 Likes

https://www.cheapgamer.co.za/assassins-creed-odyssey-ue-pc-r354-gamersgate/

1 Like

https://www.xbox.com/en-za/games/all-games?cat=onsale

769 games on sale. Including Watch Dogs Legion for R780

2 Likes

I want a Planet Zoo console edition.

2 Likes

It’s not outside of the realms of possibility I guess. Frontier have just released Planet Coaster: Console Edition, and no-one thought that would ever see a console port. Mind you, it did take 4 or so years to happen, so you may have to wait a little longer.

But who knows, maybe they worked on a Planet Zoo: Console Edition at the same time, and it could be here soon?

1 Like