Hogwarts Legacy: A Harry Potter RPG

To this day both my daughters love remarking how my scottish accent turns into an afrikaans one after about 5 minutes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They find it hilarious.

I also have very fond memories of reading the hobbit in voices to my Grade 8 English classes back in the day when I was a teacher.

2 Likes

He’s eleven, twelve in May. Reading from the very same books that I did. We’ve read bed time stories to the kids since they were little, it’s a tradition that has continued through the years and is still one of their favourite things.

I’ve read a fair variety of books. We’ve done the Faraway Tree series and Adventure series from Enid Blyton. The Chronicles of Narnia series. Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. A collection of Roald Dahl books. The Hobbit and hundreds of other books.

3 Likes

My respect to you. I have done the same and am a firm believer it gives our kids a great look into the worlds found in books. They may or may not make use of it, but at least it is there for them.

4 Likes

Totally agree. They’re both avid readers now which I’m really happy about. It hasn’t helped my son’s spelling though! :laughing:

3 Likes

Absolutely! But do you think they see that world differently if it read to them as opposed to them reading it for themselves?

1 Like

My wife and I have been rewatching the movies in preparation for the game. I really hope the game is as good as it looks.

2 Likes

Well my one daughter is an avid reader and continued reading while my other one does not pick up a book. /shrug. Which is why I say it will work for some and not others. I think it allows them entry into the worlds that are out there. Whether it shapes their view of the world, I cannot say.

Plus the value of it as a bonding moment, day by day cannot be overstated.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I did preorder the deluxe edition on steam. Looking forward but extremely frustrated with the developers not allowing preloads for pc…

2 Likes

Me too, it would shave a day or two off my 5-7 day download ;-(

The reason probably being that they will have a day 1 patch after it releases.

2 Likes

Pretty sure ps5 and xbox will also have a day 1 patch but they get preload.

2 Likes

Preload for PC has started, it helps me a little, will be able to play a few hours earlier than I would have ;-P.

What will probably happen (and I prepare myself for it) is: I complete the download in about 4 days time then have to download the day 1 patch, which probably will be substantial.

5 Likes

The reviews are looking good for the game. Hopefully I can get this at some point

5 Likes

Ya the only thing not good is the price!

4 Likes

Price isn’t great but there are worse priced games out there. Cough * forspoken * Cough…

3 Likes

For sure, Squar Enix games pricing is atrocious!

4 Likes

Some visual comparisons between the game and the movies.

1 Like

I pre-ordered deluxe edition on PS5 and I’ve played for about 4 or 5 hours now. I’m really enjoying the game so far. The world looks great and so far the gameplay is on point as well. I can’t wait to start flying around the map.

3 Likes

I got the broom last night! Man it is SO much fun flying around the map. That’s actually what convinved me to agree to buy the game (account sharing). Now I’m looking forward to unlocking the mount. I see some people have said the campaign is only like 20-25 hours. I’m already 7 hours and just got the broom and like 80% of the map is undiscovered so I’m sure I’ll play longer than that.

3 Likes

Game is decent so far. Only finished the first part and got to hogwarts.
There is a performance issue with cutscenes though. Game stutters during cutscenes. In general game play I will get 100+ fps with ray tracing but cutscenes will stutter and hardly manage 50fps.

Hopefully a patch or nvidia driver update fixes it.

2 Likes