Idle Observatory - Click, Click, Stars!

I’ve had a report that the update has helped with this. Hopefully it stays that way

2 Likes

The new update has fixed my buttons, thanks!

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Entity
Found a minor exploit to bypass the next bonus timer for both the +1 and +4 Hour income ads

Collect the bonus
Close the app using Android’s Close Recent Apps
Reopen App
The bonuses will be available again

3 Likes

Yup. I didn’t have the time to code in the whole saving the time of close and calculate the time of open deducted and placing it in the button blah blah blah :slight_smile: I’ll maybe put in later but I’m not too worried about it. If people are going to make the effort to reload the app every time then they must go for it. Most won’t.

Thanks for letting me know anyway.

Ps. If I didn’t know about it and went and fixed it I’m sure you wouldn’t have been popular with those that were using the exploit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uhm… I can’t believe I’m reporting this exploit without using it to my advantage…

If you use the boost (watch ad, get reward) then kill the app (I use the recent apps button) and then open it again, the 300-seconds wait time on the boost is cancelled and you can immediately watch another ad for 4 hours of income. Rinse and repeat, voila, making bank.

2 Likes

Ermagherd, @DarkStar posted the information in the time between when I started writing the post, took a phone call from @SIGSTART, and finished the post.

5 Likes

@Ani

Great minds think alike or is it fools never differ.

4 Likes

Yup, amazing timing with you both posting about it at the same time. but yeah, I’m not too worried about it right now. There have been exploits before that I’ve fixed and there will be more, I’m not too worried about this one right now.

Thank you for reporting it.

2 Likes

Hit 100k sometime in the last four hours!

Still not upgrading though. I am about to buy my 2nd LCRT. I am determined to get a DST this time around before I upgrade!

3 Likes

I have yet to almost buy the telescope :smiley: today should be the day

4 Likes

2 Likes

Rather stupidly, and without really thinking about it, I did my 3rd Upgrade late last night, and then shut it down. I should have left to bank the offline upgrade points until later today when I’ll be able to open the game again. :expressionless: :man_facepalming:

Still, happy with my progress so far, since having to restart after the emulator crash.

I’m hoping maybe a LCRT or two by the end of today, and maybe I’ll join the 100K Club by the end of the week too.

3 Likes

ahhhh…i think i may have been “using” this exploit.
See, i put my phone away during the ad, sometimes when i come back the reward is there but its done the “you were offline for 2 minutes and 39 seconds” and then i can immediately do another boost, even tho im pretty sure the 4 hour cooldown is longer than about 3 minutes.

Its not intentional, but i think my app goes into hibernation or something when theres inactivity and then comes back.

EDIT: Oh ja, and i swapped to 100k last night :smiley:

4 Likes

I got my 80k

3 Likes

Eventually! Now I can sleep :zzz:

2 Likes

1 Like

If you were to put a heatmap of where I am most likely to click the starry sky, this little sucker gets tapped the most, for sure!

3 Likes

So its not just me! I also hit the one in the bottom middle just above the S…

3 Likes

tenyghor

3 Likes