Introduce Yourself

Thanks Sollie. All’s good over here.

4 Likes

Hello all! I’m emo! In software development. Trying to get into sim racing with zero experience :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi @emo_chair! Nice to get to know you. What discipline in software development do you specifically follow? And what industries do you work in?

2 Likes

Welcome! Join any of the racing clubs and you will learn trial by fire style :smiley: Its all in good fun tho

2 Likes

Hi @FarligOpptreden, we develop in house applications using mostly a VB.Net variant, but also use c# with mysql and mssql for data storage. No fun stack stuff. Just plain coding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @emo_chair!

Ha. I’ve been trying to get into sim racing for years now - mostly unsuccessfully :joy:

Fortunately, there’s a lot of very skilled and knowledgeable amateur racers around these parts.

Check out @DarthMol’s Sim Racing Hub post for a good place to start.

Currently the only MEW racing we have running is our little Dirt Rally club. @SlinX is looking at resetting up an Assetto Corsa server for some shenanigans there.

I think a couple of the regulars still occasionally do some iRacing and some competitive Assetto Corsa and AC Competitione events outside of MEW as well.

2 Likes

@GregRedd Thanks for the welcome! I’ll definitely give the thread a look. Step one for me is finding a wheel though haha

4 Likes

I’m a bit late but welcome @emo_chair !

2 Likes

@Solitude Thank you kindly! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m a gamer at heart! Whether I’m slaying dragons or racing cars, I love diving into virtual worlds and exploring new challenges. When I’m not gaming, I’m probably dreaming about the next game on my wishlist or bragging about my high score to anyone who will listen. Looking forward to connecting with fellow gamers here!

10 Likes

Hello there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @fierybuffalo !

1 Like

Welcome! This is the place to be!

I hope you also like F1! We ALL like F1! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah, especially @Aldyr - he’s the biggest F1 fan ever. Knows everything about it. Full on stats guru too. Ask him anything.

2 Likes

MF’s. :fu:

3 Likes

This time I did not tag anybody in particular :wink:

2 Likes

welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Palace

Make your self at home, the cookies are gone and the booze is hidden but hey if you find it is yours :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey @fierybuffalo - you mentioned you “race cars”. Have a look at our MEW Racing League and see if there’s something there that you want to join in on.

We currently have a Dirt Rally 2.0 championship running:

And a F1 22 Time Trial Challenge going on:

If you’re interested in either (or even better, both!) of those drop a “Hey, let me in!” and myself and/or @oltman will help set you up.

Also, out of curiosity, can you tell us how you found MEW? Were you directed here by someone? Or did you find us from a search or one of the articles or topics? Or purely chanced across the site and signed up?

2 Likes