Juicer, Stick, Jug, and Bullet blenders

I originally posted about blenders and was met with some more interest than I initially anticipated so thought I would make one to help those better follow the discussion. Would @GregRedd please be so kind as to merge those posts to this topic?

As mentioned in that post, I am in need of a new blender. With that being said, I don’t have much experience with many types of blenders and brands. I have previously had a Russel Hobbs (which I have lost faith in their brand) jug blender which I used for smoothies and a stick (what I know as an immersion) blender which I used for foods. I didn’t even know it mattered if the content was hot or cold.

Any and all advice, opinions, discussion and whatnot is appreciated.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have both a NutriBullet and a traditional blender. If you want smoothies and juices, the Nutri is the one. I bought the blender for things which don’t fit in the Nutri, or need to be ‘rougher’.

[edit] I hope I didn’t get in the way of a thread merge!
I also have a stick blender for soups, I think it’s a Kenwood thing, and it does the business. Saves me the hassle of exchanging soup from the pot to the blender jug.

3 Likes

I have a nutribullet and love it.
Only drawback is volume it can blend and cannot blend hot items such as soups.
Overall I am super happy with it and make smoothies 4 times a week

3 Likes

Vitamix, but that’s probably way out of your price range.

I don’t really know it, just always see contestants on Hell’s Kitchen freak out when they get one as a reward.

https://vitamixsouthafrica.co.za/shop-page/

1 Like

If someone wants to sponsor me a, vitamix i will gladly test it… I will do a proper post once home

2 Likes

Yeah, 12k for a blender is madness.

3 Likes

Look at it though.

2 Likes

Sure, give me about 13k and I’ll gladly get one and post you the change.

3 Likes

Go away! Now I want one :cry:

3 Likes

You guys have no idea, I WANT that vitamix, I settled for the nutribullet because I cannot afford the vitamix.
For a stick blender - just know the cheaper they are the faster they break.

This is what I will settle for next:

I use this for my smoothies and milkshakes and iced coffees.

I just want the vitamix sooooooooooooooo badly. Out of all the fancy gadgets there are, that is my dream one.

5 Likes

I’m with you on the vitamix. Maybe if my hot sauces make me a killing, which in reality I can’t because of my visa situation, but I can dream.

2 Likes

I dunno, I don’t consider the Salton brand to be expensive by any means but lasted me around maybe 7 years.

1 Like

The older ones lasted, the new ones dude . . . Ive gone thru 2 in the last 4 years. We make a lot of thick soups and I use it to mix things like pancake and flapjack batter

I must seriously prioritise that call with you @czc

Juicer, Stick, Jug, and Bullet blenders

On another note, we need a new blender for our kitchen. Do people have any recommendations?
Coming winter time, I love making soups, but we also like to have smoothies and such. My previous stick/immersion blender packed up in the middle of making roasted butternut soup.

2 Likes

I have one of the Bosch silent jug blenders, which can work with hot soups. It’s not the most powerful, but it was a great price for what it can do.

Avoid Russel Hobbes. I bought one, and it burned out in less than a week. And I was even following the manual that says not to run it more than one or two minutes at a time, which is completely unacceptable if you plan on making anything really smooth, like hot sauce or soups.

It’s a shame Ninja isn’t selling in Africa anymore. They get awesome ratings in the rest of the world.

One of the best, if you can afford it, would be Vitamix

That’s just jug blenders. I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread for stick blender advice :grin: as I would love to get one myself

1 Like

You ever put warm stuff into an airtight bullet…

1 Like

We had an old glass jug Russel Hobbes which we used for smoothies and such but sadly over the years and other such branded appliances we have lost faith in the brand.

I’ve never used a bullet blender.

Frankly, I can’t tell you the benefits or disadvantageous of different types of blenders.

2 Likes

Trust a model, not a brand. Obviously, once you’ve found a good model, you buy 15 of them, and become the marketing ambassador for that product.

4 Likes

I dont even need a blender but I want a Vitamix. Watched some more demo videos. It looks so damn good.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’d be cool with one of these

Even just the stir bar, as I could rig up an old PC fan with an earth magnet or two. Sure, it’d take 2 weeks to make a super smooth hot sauce, but if it works…

1 Like