Live Sim Racing

There have been so many live streams of good races taking place during quarantine, and I keep missing them. So I thought it good to have a central place to get you sim racing fix.

Please feel free to share any live stream of any sim race taking place. It can be official broadcasts or single driver perspectives of those races.

I will start with the 3 hours of Nordschleife, just started.

2 Likes

One a related note, I’ve really been enjoying Charles Leclerc’s videos on YouTube (from his live streams). He’s been getting into some AC Competizione as well as the F1 2019 vids. One of the videos consists of him, Arthur, Alex and Luca Albon and George Russell racing some of the F1 tracks in reverse - it’s really entertaining:

/Sorry back on topic now…

2 Likes

Very cool. At the end of the day, they’re just like us really - gamers who want to have a little fun with their mates. Except they’re all significantly more financially secure and better equipped :grinning:

Was actually thinking about games that allow for reverse racing when we were going around that weird Suzuka layout in the Corona Cup race.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The problem is MOST of the current SIM racing exposure is due to COVID.
Before that, all the platforms were already here. Due to a few high profile racers joining, it has drawn quite a lot attention. So once racing starts, it will go back to some kind of “normality”

2 Likes

Im enjoying Charles streams as well more than Lando right now - just wish I understood more french lol

https://www.motogp.com/en/live
Not cars but the motogp as well

2 Likes
2 Likes

These have been fun to watch. But from a Sim perspective very disappointing. Only a few laps for race, only a few min Quali, no real tyre wear.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Trying to find out more info about this Assetto Corsa Competizione event. Looks like it’s only live on Sky Italia, but the presumably some of the drivers will be streaming on their personal channels.

1 Like

That is a sweet line-up! Please let me know if you see any other links for it!

1 Like

Live now:

IMSA iRacing Challenge Series | Round 1 at Road America

1 Like

The WEC and ACO will hold a virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans race this year!

• Team composition : teams will be composed of 4 drivers. Each line up must consist of at least 2 professional drivers and a maximum of 2 simulation/esports racers
  • Racing on rFactor 2 simulation platform
  • The grid will consist of a maximum of 50 cars
  • The cars : LMP2 and GTE. The teams involved are free to create their own livery
  • Racing conditions : variable weather conditions and dynamic day and night racing. A Race Director will ensure sporting behaviour throughout the event.
  • Driver changes are compulsory. The minimum driving time over the entire event is 5 hours for each driver. The maximum driving time over the entire race is 7 hours for each driver.
  • Authentic Le Mans production : race commentators and pit reporters will be live from a TV studio in Paris and VIP guests will visit them during the race. This unique race, which will bring together the best drivers in the world and sim racing’s elite gamers will be broadcast widely on multiple audio-visual platforms around the world.
4 Likes

So it seems rFactor 2 is gaining popularity because of their excellent tire model. Most professionals who had to switch to virtual racing, is complaining about the “horrible” tire model of iRacing. They trump all other games when it comes to online features, but their tire model is below par.

As a dumbass I cannot tell the difference :joy: but rFactor has a trailer where they actually show how the tyres deform u der driving, making it even more realistic.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some interesting videos about the whole iRacing tyre model and how the issue has come under the spotlight with real life racing drivers saying that the way the tyres lose grip completely when on the limit is not very realistic - in real life you’re able to often save the car from spinning out.

There was a video showing how Assetto Corsa is more true to life than iRacing with regard to this by comparing both to live footage. And the guy’s real world racing and training experience.

2 Likes
3 Likes

They chickened out and turned off damage.

Probably a good thing too though…

2 Likes

Williams having their best season since 1997!

1 Like

I think that takes a bit of the skill away from the drivers. A LOT of dive bombing and too many reckless driving for my liking.

Wish this could happen but I doubt it will happen any time soon…