Live Sim Racing

And it just got even better still… Official Ferrari AF Corse team:

2 Likes

This one is pretty cool. Happens 2020-05-30T19:00:00Z . Racing takes place in Forza Motorsport 7, and the event will also feature a medal and award ceremony in Minecraft after the racing has been completed:

Join the experience by watching livestreamed Forza Motorsport 7 racing on Mixer, Xbox YouTube, or Twitch.

3 Likes

2020-05-31T12:30:00Z

And even more live sim racing, this time some international Rally X using Dirt Rally 2.0!

Some of the biggest names from the FIA World Rallycross Championship will be joined by star drivers from an array of disciplines for the first race in a new series of World RX Esports events, starting this Sunday at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi (31 May).

The event will be comprised of 22 races and form a two-and-a-half hour show starting at 1330 UK / 1430 CET on 31 May and available on World RX Facebook and YouTube, as well as on Motorsport.tv.

3 Likes

The complete entry list for the Virtual Le Mans 24 Hours has been published:

Among the entries are Formula One’s Charles Leclerc, Max Verstappen, Lando Norris, Pierre Gasly and Antonio Giovinazzi, plus former World Champions Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button. They will be racing alongside Indy 500 winners Juan Pablo Montoya and Simon Pagenaud, stars from F2 such as Jack Aitken and Louis Deletraz, an all-female line up representing Richard Mille and the FIA’s Women in Motorsport programme plus W Series Champion Jamie Chadwick in another entry. Endurance racing’s elite from manufacturers Aston Martin, Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche and Toyota include Sébastien Buemi, Brendon Hartley, José María López, André Lotterer, Neel Jani, Nick Tandy, Miguel Molina, Darren Turner and Jan Magnussen plus so many more champions and legends from leading private teams across the LMP and GTE categories.

Add in names such as Barrichello, Fisichella, Fittipaldi, Massa, Panis, Rosenqvist, Vandoorne and Vergne plus world-renowned esports stars such as Greger Huttu, Rudy Van Buren, David Tonizza, Joshua Rogers and Jimmy Broadbent and there is a true feast of entertainment ahead both on and off track!

2 Likes

Please let SImon Pagenaud and Lando Norris drive in the same stint!!! :smiley:
This is cracking up to be an amazing race!

2 Likes

Sergio Perez and Pierre Gasly will make their F1 Esports debuts this weekend in Sunday’s Virtual Azerbaijan Grand Prix, in what will be the penultimate race in the series. That bloke in his shed will also be back and racing on the Racing Point team with Sergio. Full grid here.

3 Likes

Link to the stream:

And some streamers
Jimmer:

Charlie

Lando:

Gasser:

Albie:

Georgie:

3 Likes

For a change I watched both last night’s race and this evening’s race. It was fun.

2 Likes

I missed out tonight, mad at myself but it was unavoidable.

2 Likes

It’s (virtual) Race Day!!

Here’s the final hour of yesterday’s Qualifying Session:

Watch the Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans live:

via Official 24 Hours of Le Mans YouTube channel:

via the Official FIA WEC YouTube Channel:

via Motorsports Games Facebook livestream:

https://www.facebook.com/msportgames/posts/733796507367625

via Motorsport.tv livestream:

via Autosport website

Linkage TBC

via the Official Le Mans Esports Twitch Channel:

via DSTV/Supersport 6 - Channel 206:

https://now.dstv.com/livetv/play/5a2132a3-4a89-4543-99e5-0088889f2c6b

via Various Manufacturer and Driver Sites, Twitch Channels and YouTube Channels:

Porsche:
Jean Eric Vergne/Veloce on Twitch:

Lando Norris on Twitch:

Max Verstappen on Twitch:

Charles LeClerc on Twitch:

Jimmy Broadbent on YouTube:

Will add more (especially drivers’ personal streams) as I find them and confirm a couple of these later once their streams are live. (not sure what the deal is with the Twitch embedded links at the moment, but it’s not unique to MEW… I’ve seen the same issue on various sites at the moment.)

5 Likes

And there’s more Sim Racing coming soon… the annual Race of Champions is going entirely virtual as well this year

And there’s a chance for you (insert name of any one of the many alien MEW Assetto Coprsa sim racers here) to take part:

Fans of sim racing can register for free and have until 25 June to set their fastest hotlaps on a virtual version of the 2019 Race Of Champions track in the highly realistic sim racing game Assetto Corsa. The ROC tracks and cars will be available for download free of charge…

They have until 25 June to register for free and set a hotlap on the ROC Mexico track. The fastest two drivers will take on former eROC champions Enzo Bonito and James Baldwin during the Virtual ROC livestream. The winner then proceeds to the main event.

And by the looks of the current top 3 on the leaderboard, you’re not restricted to the number of laps you can post:

Pos Driver Time Gap Laps
1 Ethan Dean 0:50.909 82
2 Andika Rama Maulana 0:50.919 + 00.010 62
3 Josh Purwien 0:51.795 + 00.886 40

Sign up for free here: https://www.raceofchampions.com/virtual-roc-2020/eroc-2020-registration/
(presumably you’ll then get links to the ROC cars and the ROC Mexico circuit to use - if anyone does, please share them for the rest of us to play with :slight_smile: )

Follow the eROC leaderboard here: https://www.raceofchampions.com/virtual-roc-2020/eroc-2020-leaderboard/

Find all the details about eROC 2020 on the official Race of Champions website.

2 Likes

Oh crikey! I forgot about it with all the rugby going on!

edit

@GregRedd, you are so good with this stuff. I sent your post to lots of people.

2 Likes

About 15 minutes ago I was bored, wondering what sport I can watch. Then boom, Greg sorted my weekend!

2 Likes

Look out for names like David Perrel, Kelvin and Sheldon Van Der Linder. Cannot find evidence but sure we will see Jordan Pepper as well.

2 Likes

David and Kelvin are the only two (ZAF)s I can find on the Entry List. Watch out for cars #30 and #51

#30 E-TEAM WRT (BEL) - Oreca 07 LMP2 - Dries Vanthoor (BEL), Kelvin van der Linde (ZAF), Fabrice Cornelis (BEL), Arne Schoonvliet (BEL)

#51 FERRARI - AF CORSE (ITA) - Ferrari 488 GTE - Nicklas Nielsen (DNK), David Perel (ZAF), Kasper Stoltze (DNK), Matteo Caruso (ITA)

The Spotter Guide is here if you want to see the rest of the field.

2 Likes

I will be supporting the 3 Veloce eSports teams.

2 Likes

Last thing from me for today, promise…

Live race timing and lap tracking should be available here:

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/lm24virtual

2 Likes

@GregRedd the more you post, the better.

1 Like

I stand corrected, saw Sheldon post about the race and assume he was in there too.

2 Likes

What’s up with Alonso?

At the time of writing he is 5 laps behind and have been in the pits now for a very very long time.

1 Like