MEW Biggest Loser ⚖

I have no idea what my weight is and I don’t have a scale. I just know my “pens” is much too big.

2 Likes

@Donisia we might as well just use this page :smiley:

This is the only additive I take currently

1 Like
  • First resource, for those who dont have exercise plans there are a ton of workouts/stretches and exercises to do on this website :
    https://darebee.com/workouts.html

• I personally recommend a calorie deficit if your main goal is to drop weight, myfitnesspal is an awesome calorie counter that makes it easy to keep track of your calories and to know what you are eating.

• I encourage everyone to try get your 2.5-3l of water daily, as well as stay away from fruit juices(unless heavily diluted), limit to 3 cups of caffeine a day (tea&coffee).

• Try cut/limit your sugar intake as much as possible.

• Try do 30min of activity 5 days a week, any activity is better than none.

• Limit portion sizes and oil use (try use healthy alternatives)

• Increase veggie intake, try eat different fruit everyday if you can

• Awesome calorie calculator if youre not sure how many you should be having- use the Mifflin-St Jeor setting in advanced settings, please be as honest as possible with your exercise/fitness level: https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator

• If you have any questions regarding diet or exercises please feel free to DM me or @My-Name-Chef for advice, we’ll answer as soon as we can. ( We can also assist with supplement questions if youre already gyming etc )

6 Likes

Awesome I am keen like a bean

5 Likes

3 cups of coffee limit a day is gonna be tough. I drink about 6 cups a day on average but I have cut my sugar down from 4 sugars per cup to 1 1/2 - 2 sugars per cup. I’ve also already been trying to cut down my general sugar intake for a while (less soft drinks and sweets / chocolates and such).

I walk around 2-5 km at work everyday doing my rounds but I think I need to do more. I definitely won’t go to a gym but maybe start doing some basic exercising at home.

2 Likes

Coffee is a killer, you can try a sugar alternative to help cut the sugar

2 Likes

Welcome to MEW @Elchane!

1 Like

Sugarly is the best one if you can find it. :man_cook:.

4 Likes

Hey Man,

So just a word of advice, you surely want to avoid the keto fad as its pretty rough on your natural testosterone as well as cutting carbs is going to tank your energy levels as carbs are the best for a lifting environment and sports in general. If you want a better output at the gym for better results (losing fat and building muscle simultaneously) then lowering your test is only going to make it harder to gain muscle as well as destroy your sex drive, introduce constant fatigue and most importantly if your goal is to lose weight a low test promotes fat storage. Just stressing the importance testosterone positive habits as its one of the main things that control your life based on the habits you choose to have.

As well as the fact that new lifters have the most gains compared to novice and intermediate lifters so you dont want to destroy that progress either.

Sorry for the long post just thought id share some important info.

Have a good one. :man_cook:

3 Likes

Welcome @My-Name-Chef and @Elchane!

I hope you will explore the rest of the forum.

Now on the myfitnessapp - how do I set it to use kj not calories?

Ive already trained my brain to work in kj’s

And is it worth it to buy the monthly sub? I cant afford to pay the $50 right now

1 Like

Thank you @ Solitude

2 Likes

@Wyvern Thanks ! :man_cook:

You can change to kJ by going to 1.settings, 2. Edit Profile, 3.Units, 4.Energy.

I honestly would suggest Cal as its easier to work with being a bigger unit than kJ as well as being food specific (non SI unit). But thats honestly just personal preference.

It is a great product dont get me wrong but as non-americans the prices are beyond steep and thats why i have a clean :pirate_flag: version of it (packaged and checked by me) which @Donisia can forward to you if you would like. :man_cook:

3 Likes

Welcome to MEW @My-Name-Chef !

After your post I went and read up about keto and you are right. Not going to do it. Will just go with calorie deficit. Thanks for the info!

5 Likes

Please send it to me!!!

The reason I am doing kj’s is that is what my dietician and I discussed. I am currently prediabetic and very overweight. But in the past 4 weeks I have done the changes she asked of me - I am coping with it :stuck_out_tongue:
She put me on a 5300 kj limit per day. As I said to Donisia I am more than willing to send the diet and alternatives she gave me to anyone who wants to get ideas for alternatives.

On the app it didnt want to change the kj, but doing on their website now.

Also adding my breakfast and lunch items to the “recipes”

2 Likes

@Solitude Thanks brother and no problem. :muscle:t3:

Thats good to hear. I cant stress enough about how important it is for BOTH males and females to optimise hormones especially as we age as it dictates everything in terms of how we feel and how our bodies work.

Its hard to tell where you stand initially but when the diet comes right and the gym starts flowing you will see and feel a significant spike, mainly in mood but also in your hair, fat loss etc…

:man_cook:t3:

2 Likes

I just need more hours in a day - I work 2 jobs so I get home very late. But what I have started doing is in my lunch hour I go for a brisk 1.5km walk right next to my office - I have big open park that is next to my office

1 Like

Awesome will ask @Donisia to forward it when she gets the chance. Its fully premium as well.

Any body else that wants it is free to ask and will forward it to them too. :man_cook:t3:

Also one thing is consistency and willpower will get you out of that region in no time. Then you can look at customising your food habits to what suits you best. ( Changing macros and such to suit preferences) and it honestly makes life so enjoyable when it comes to food.

2 Likes

Thats also a great way to start. :relieved:

If you are stressed for time i suggest meal prep as its easy and takes time away from cooking/ cleaning in small batches like you would normally during the week.

It also staves off the option of choosing the easy way out in the form of takeaways and such as you know you already have dinner/ lunch/ breakfast ready, and its easy to control portion sizes as there is no more food lying around after meals.

:man_cook:

2 Likes

I tend to make a breakfast smoothie in the morning, at lunch I have my cucumber salad - cucumber, tomato, carrot, lentil sprouts, 2 tablespoons of low-fat cottage cheese, gherkins, and then one day small can of tuna, one-day roast chicken breast (aka rotisserie chicken - my Spar is awesome they know now at least 2 days a week I will grab chicken from them and they save me the pieces where the skin came off) or some ham.
Dinner is whatever mum makes (living with them currently) Like last night was tenderized steak palm sized portion, half a plate of brocoli, and 2 baby potatoes - the smallest ones.

2 Likes

Please remember to send me your measurements and weight by Sunday at the latest, if you can include a photo of your front, side and back profile aswell so we can properly judge the winners of the transformation category

2 Likes