Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Nice! I’m keen to pick up the DLC while it’s on sale. For those who have the DLC tracks, are they copies of the original Dirt Rally tracks?

2 Likes

At the bottom is the whole year 1 pack…

5 Likes

I guess the year one pass it is.

2 Likes

Never driven a GT on gravel before and I must say, I’m pleasantly surprised. Making a overpowered GT car do ballet on gravel is something else.
It’s very much a case of steering with your right foot, when you nail a left-right transition on near full throttle, it feels magical.

I did a warm-up run on Chandler’s Creek in the BMW, 24th on the leaderboards, not bad :sunglasses:
I’ll definitely end up spinning round during the actual rally event though, it’s inevitable.

2 Likes

Here it is… the final standings at the end of our first Dirt Rally 2.0 Season:

Despite taking max points in the final event in Monaro, @SlinX does not overhaul @aldyr who takes the gold trophy. @DarthMol “Mr Consistency” collects anther bronze medal for his collection. In the big picture, even though he didn’t post a time knowing that it would make a material difference, @oltman holds onto his P4 in the standings - which makes the crucial difference in the Champion of Champions scores.

In the second hlaf of the table, thanks too to @Konck, @Entity, @czc and @Deadlypinecone for taking part in Season 1 - I hope you all, and anyone else, is keen to get going with Season 2 soon!

On that subject the upcoming R5 Season Rallies should now be visible on the club page. There’s still one or two things I want to finalise, but that’ll happen tomorrow and I’ll confirm the cars that each driver will be allocated. In the meantime, anyone who wants to join in the dirty fun and games, and who is not yet a Club Member, please go here: MEW Dirt 2 Club, apply to join, and then ping me here for approval.

7 Likes

I’ve done the random draw for car allocations for our upcoming WRC Season, so that you can start to get your practice runs in. Again, the idea is that you try and use the same car for all 12 rally events in the season, just like a factory driver would. There is of course absolutely no obligation on anyone to do it this way - you can still use any R5 car you want, or even change for every new event if you’d like. But, do try at least.

As @aldyr suggested, and the reason I selected the R5 category for this season, is because the 6 cars are all reasonably equal in general performance over the variety of surfaces we’ll have, and they’re all fairly forgiving in terms of the actually driving.

The process for the draw was to put 3 of each of the cars (for a total of 18 possible cars in the field) into a random name spinner. I then allocated the cars in the order of the drivers finishing position in the last season, and added the names of the drivers who have indicated that they want to join our DR2 events. After each spin I removed that car from the pool and spun again for the next drivers’ car. (I did allocate all 18 cars, so if we do get any other drivers into the season, I’ll let them know which car they’re getting.

2020 MEW World Dirt Rally 2.0 Championship

Driver Car Allocated
@aldyr 9-Mitsubishi Space Star R5
@SlinX 18-Volkswagen Polo GTI R5
@DarthMol 11-Skoda Fabia R5
@oltman 5-Skoda Fabia R5
@Entity 6-Volkswagen Polo GTI R5
@GregRedd 3-Mitsubishi Space Star R5
@Konck 16-Peugeot 208 T16 R5
@czc 8-Ford Fiesta R5
@Deadlypinecone 1-Citroen C3 R5
@Dragonic 15-Mitsubishi Space Star R5
@DieGrootHammer 14-Ford Fiesta R5

Anyone who is not yet a Club Member, please go here: MEW Dirt 2 Club, apply to join, and then ping me here for approval. Likewise, anyone not on my list yet who would like to drive dirty feel free to do the same, and I’ll allocate you a car from the remaining unused ones.

Just two final quick notes about the upcoming season.

First, again based off a suggestion from @aldyr

In an effort to make these shorter than normal (in terms of number of stages) events more interesting, I’m going to make adjustments to the default Service Stops that the game creates. Instead of a Medium service stop every third stage (at S1, S4 and S7), we will have one Medium Service Stop at Stage 1 (so that you can repair any issues you pick up during any Shakedown runs you do.) Then there’ll be only one other Service Stop available at Stage 6 - it will be a Long stop so you should have enough time to make most of your repairs during it.

Secondly, and only if I can do it without having to recreate the entire season…

I want to break up all the 9 stage events with two longer events in the Season. (But not Dirt Rally 24 stages long, don’t panic!) Round 4 - Wales and Round 10 - Australia will get 6 additional stages added to them, and an extra Service Stop too. Just for a bit of a change to the format.

I still need to finalise these changes in the season creator thing before the start of the first event, and will confirm they’re in as soon as I’ve done them. For those that want to get some practice for the first event in with their newly allocated car, here is Round #1’s route:

The season goes live at midnight on Saturday morning (4 July).

5 Likes

@DarthMol, my Skoda buddy!

2 Likes

Awwhh yeah!

Guess I’d better find out how it drives…

1 Like

A Citroen! Now I don’t have to feel bad when I inevitably drive it off a cliff

1 Like

V dub in da house

images - 2020-07-01T072852.445

2 Likes

Cool! So Myself, @GregRedd and @aldyr are team mates :stuck_out_tongue:
But damn thats an ugly Mitsubishi. Why didn’t produce a Evo R5 for one last hoorah.

1 Like

And it has a really kak name too! :ringer_planet: :star:?

He doesn’t give the Czech guy a Skoda. :frowning:

1 Like

Spaceship!

1 Like

Might have a new guy join

2 Likes

Random Geesus works in mysterious ways!

@Deadlypinecone and myself will have to be team mates then… at least we’re both driving a french car. Let’s just keep the Renault’s away!

2 Likes

We shall be Team Not Renault!

2 Likes

@GregRedd Howsit, can you approve my request to join the MEW DIRT 2 CLUB? U: Munage725

4 Likes