MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

So something has actually come up… 2nd race in a row that clashes with action cricket :disappointed:
Chances of that happening is 4% but these events are not entirely random and I don’t understand how to properly calculate probabilities, but I’m upset either way.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the race tonight. Couldn’t practice last night because our power was out.

2 Likes

I practised a bit over the weekend and on Monday night, but for the life of me can’t remember my time trial time. Looking forward to the race, just not the Shanghai T1 :expressionless:

3 Likes

More people do a time trial please so I can race you in spirit. I often check friends leaderboards for times to try and beat.

3 Likes

Turn. Turn some more. And a little more. Hold it. Hold it. Just a smidge more turning just there. And turn the other way. Quick!!

2 Likes

So I’ve been practicing a wide entry in T1 for any… shenanigans… But that makes the whole ‘turn the other way’ thing very difficult. Perhaps I should sandbag quali…

2 Likes

I am not sure if I have a time trial set for this track… Will have to get a few runs in before tonight to see where I stand… :wink:

Well I nearly did a sub 1m34s but went a tiny bit wide on the last turn so it was black flagged.

Turn 1 is going to be a lot of fun. So far I am still good for tonight. So hopefully it stays like that.

2 Likes

I’m having lots of Telkom issues tonight. If I sort it out, I’m there, but don’t wait up for me to join. :frowning:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Am on my way - 5/10 mins.

1 Like

Thanks for the racing tonight guys, and @Wyvern for the support as always!

Results were uploaded, and the League season has correctly progressed to show our next event as Practice at Azerbaijan, which is good.

The Race Results edit thing has let me move @DarthMol out of his P20 DSQ and up to P2, but sadly, it still shows him as DSQ with 0 points for the race :expressionless: I think I’m going to have to go dig out my good old Excel spreadsheet from last season and go back to manually capturing the results. I’ll keep adjusting the race results in the same way as the first two races, but keep the manual sheet going for the actual league standings.

3 Likes

Thanks for the race guys! Had good fun.

For a game that’s been out so long it’s actually very buggy.

2 Likes

This!! Biggest issue I’ve had for ages with these sort of annual releases. This years version gets released, two maybe three months of patches to fix issues get released, then 90% of their attention gets shifted over to working on next years version. (And a whole bunch of the unfixed issues get carried over to the new version along the way :neutral_face:).

I’ve always felt that unless there’s a complete change of engine or fundamental way the game’s mechanics work, annual sports titles should really be a base game purchase and each new season available as DLC. That way the devs are forced to focus on ensuring the underlying game actually works properly.

If it wasn’t for Code Masters very good pricing for us here, I wouldn’t buy each annual F1 title.

3 Likes

Thanks for trying at least.

2 Likes

Wednesday evening at 8:15pm I will be driving a practice Grand Prix for anyone who would like to join. It will be the next official track, but a friendly race.

2 Likes

I’ll try to join - need Baku practice! :expressionless:

2 Likes

https://f1-start.glitch.me/

Test your reaction times

1 Like

1 Like