MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

7 mins to qualy… pull in!

3 Likes

Not going to make it. Daughter will lay charge of child abuse if I don’t feed her! Don’t wait. Sounds like you’re already running late - remember that you need to get the race done before 10. And Baku will probably have safety cars that’ll slow everything down!

Now go race already!

1 Like

Soli!!!

1 Like

Sorry guys i was not able to make, it had to stay longer in work and traffic was jammed :frowning_face:
I hope race great and not much crashes, hopefully next time ill be in spain

3 Likes

@oltman so who put up the best time?

1 Like

There were lots of crashes!

3 Likes

But no safety car… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

At least we know the spectating works - until I lose my sound :smiley:

2 Likes

After a very eventful first lap of practice (again, sorry!) @Solitude and I received a 5 position grid penalty. But the stewards were so busy with cancelling the Australian GP that they forgot to implement the penalty. Once they realised their mistake we were on the grid ready to race and it was too late…

Then, again, the first lap of the race was equally eventful. Many drivers lost body parts (of their cars) and many positions were exchanged… Even the car in the front clipped the inside wall of the very last corner of lap 1, went wide and hit the outside wall hard.

At the end of the race it was @Avatar who avoid all the chaos and won by a significant margin. @Wyvern can tell you how boring and clinical his race was! @oltman came in second, something like 20 seconds back, losing lots of time in the back markers after a lap one pit stop, and then struggling with old tires at the end. Final spot on the podium went to @Solitude, who was so happy that he quit the league… again…

@Talentloos was fast in qualy and practice, but I cannot remember his final position.
@DarthMol Had a series of unfortunate events and went from 2nd at on time, finishing 18th, ahead of 2 DNFs.

5 Likes

At least its not only South Africans that get stuck in traffic.

4 Likes

Haha I can’t believe I quit the league again. I swear I go into automatic mode and it sees exit and then I click it automagically because I think I’m exciting the screen.

Really really stupid.

It was a fun race though! Sorry for taking you out @DarthMol! I kept overtaking the AI at that spot but humans drive differently.

4 Likes

I forgot to mention we had @Wyvern as spectator and quickly got the hang of the controls. She then streamed her feed in Discord to @czc who could watch a more interesting race than my boring POV.

At the same time I had 2 less streamers on my Youtube stream… I ended up with NONE! :joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

I felt so bad about that! If I knew how to stream to your channel I would :stuck_out_tongue:
I will also try to talk a bit more but that was such a boring race :stuck_out_tongue: And I unfortunately missed the start

3 Likes

I must say though that the stream on discord was quite laggy. Maybe its just my slow connection or it could be the increased load on discord servers because of corona?

4 Likes

In other words its better on his stream

3 Likes

FAKE NEWS!! I was there from just as the race started to the end!

Screenshotted your hud to copy :stuck_out_tongue: but can’t figure out how you manage without the track map. Is it because you never have anyone try overtake you so you don’t ever need to see the little dots? :grinning:

I even commented on how my AI driver was as kak as IRL me :joy: and grabbed a results screen.

3 Likes

I only won because

• @Talentloos jumped the start and immediately slammed in the brakes again, so I managed to overtake him when he was going slowly
  • @Solitude lost control a bit going out of T1, oversteering, so I managed to overtake him when he was going slowly
  • @Oltman kissed the walls near the end of lap 1… repeatedly… so I managed to overtake him when he was going slowly

Then I opened the afterburners to build as big a gap as possible to Soli, who was the next human in line. Luckily an AI delayed him, and allowed me to build a large enough gap. What you all missed because @Wyvern was focussing on the Soli-Oltman battle, is that I did manage to break my front wing, forcing my pit stop a little, and I had a bunch of close calls on that in lap as well as the last few laps on old tires. I didn’t want to say anything, because it felt like Wyvern watching anyone brought the commentator’s curse out in spades!

All in all, good fun race, I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to Spain!

5 Likes

So you now know next race you will be the star

4 Likes

And then lose :smiley:

3 Likes

That is actually a great idea. Now we have our own commentary stream going. I say “we”, but I’ve only raced in the one AUS race that didn’t even count :expressionless:
At least my AI driver didn’t suck this time.

4 Likes