MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

See, there is the evidence! If @Slinx drove in 1st, as opposed to N, then the gap would not have looked so big…

But in a serious note, getting the revs in the right range makes a huge difference when you kick it into gear. Here I was spot on, something I normally struggle with.

6 Likes

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun. :smiley: Good to be back.

6 Likes

I think dedicated practice modes for things like race starts is a crucial omission in the game. It’s so important to get the revs right, yet the only time you can practice is when the lights are busy going out… I hope 2020 fixes that!

1 Like

I suppose one way to do that is create a GP weekend with no practice session, skip qualifying so you start at the back of the grid, and then start and restart the race over and over to practice you pull off at the beginning, then you’ll be able to get a sense of when you get away well, depending on how many cars you pass before T1

4 Likes

You might have to do one-shot qualifying and then retire, so that you get an automatic P20 grid slot. I do many such races as it helps with racecraft too. Forces you to overtake multiple cars in a race, and it’s especially good practice for that first lap, turn 1 chaos!

4 Likes

Some tips from Albon on F1 2019, which contains a very short clip of getting a good start:
https://www.facebook.com/redbullracing/videos/717086012377338/

3 Likes

So, am I the only one anxiously waiting for the race steward to publish his spreadsheet with the updated standings? No pressure, @GregRedd.

3 Likes

Not that exciting this week @Avatar, sorry. Really just @Oltman extending his lead to 66 points. So yeah, big whoop and all that… :expressionless:

You may want to keep an eye on the @SlinX chap - seems he’s got the same number of points as you all of a sudden. Also, the newbie @Konck seems pretty determined to upset your, @DarthMol’s and @Solitude’s run for the podium. But, if @DieGrootHammer keeps putting his love life ahead of his racing, there may soon be 2 spots on the podium up for grabs…

One point for me helps to keep me barely ahead of the likes of @Camky007, @TH3MAESTRO and @Pamar, while @Kwaai and @czc still have plenty of races left in the season to leapfrog @Nosferatie and @Talentloos if they’re unable to race again.

:smiley:

4 Likes

And while I have you all here…

We’re off to sunny old England next week for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, a favourite for many. I’m guessing probably Thursday again, but to keep things democratic and all…

Now taking votes for your F1 racing availability next week please:

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
  • Noday

0 voters

@oltman @DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc

1 Like

I really found my groove during the last couple of laps in the last race. It all suddenly came back to me. So I really look forward to the next one.

5 Likes

It was good to have you back and racing with us again Soli! Long may it last :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @GregRedd, it was great to be back!

4 Likes

I concur! F1 is not the same without @Solitude and @DieGrootHammer!

4 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of!! :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

3 Likes

It was great fun racing against you - I’m still in awe of that T1 (or was it T2?) overtake you pulled on me… Really really well done!

2 Likes

Thanks @Avatar! Hehe I was pretty happy with that overtake.

1 Like

:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:
Hear ye! Hear ye! Hear ye!

By royal decree of Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II, the Esteemed and Righteous Poll Master General has determined that the Most Epic Win F1 2019 Great British Grand Prix motor racing event shall take place upon the virtual rendition of the marvelous Silverstone racing circuit on Thursday, the fourth day of the month of June.

Festivities of an automotive nature shall commence at the hour of 8:30 in the evening, based on the colony of South Africa’s time pieces.
:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

TL:DR - British GP, Thursday 8:30 PM. Be there.

@oltman @DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc

2020-06-04T18:30:00Z

7 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Count me in!

4 Likes

Tally ho!

2 Likes