MEW Gardening Thread

I think I have two little habenoros growing in what was supposed to be my compost pot.

1 Like

I have tried the following.

• Potatoes. Got massive plants but in the end, tiny potatoes, twice.
  • Butternuts. Started growing, dog destroyed 3 of them, 2 continued to grow, dog destoreyed the biggest one, smaller one is starting to fade. will try again
  • Sweet potato. Plant is still small but at least it grew.
  • Green, Red, Yellow Peppers. Perma fails. Think this is also the dog.
  • Tomatoes. I got one red tomato and a few green ones. That is a win for now.
3 Likes

Mmmm, compost peppers :drooling_face:

I also have a [redacted] plant going. The Free State sun peppered it though and I think it turned into a hermaphrodite because of that, but I’m not 100% sure. It’s definitely not a male at least. I have no clue when it will be ready for harvest but it has started the flowering stage.

2 Likes

Free State sun is still more reliable than having something running relying solely on Eskom…

1 Like

There is a [redacted] plant growing here at the office. Its gotten pretty tall.

2 Likes

you lot cant say weed?

I just did it to be funny :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The office plant.

2 Likes

I thought it was funny :smiley:

1 Like

Ya, don’t mind the party pooper!

1 Like

That’s an office I’d like to work at!

1 Like

good looking “Tomato” plant you have at the office

2 Likes

Your telling me your pc is not sensoring you?

Hmmm

In hindsight I should have gone:
I have a [REDACTED] plant, wow wtf you can’t even say [REDACTED] around here? wtf is going on?
hmm… I am going to tidy my garden by pulling out all of the [REDACTED] …WTF!!!

2 Likes

Sorry, in an effort to bring things back on topic, here are my peppers a few days before harvest.
Had them in stir-fry and omelettes.

3 Likes

Might as well update, growing butternut,chillies,herbs(lemonbalm,basil,parsley,catnip,ginger,thyme,oregano), tomato, blueberries,cranberries,catnip, special herb x 3

2 Likes

2 Likes

All gardening is welcome here! Edible, ornamental, redactable…

1 Like

My mature jalapeno and one of my habanero plants have something wrong with them… The jalapenos are tiny but almost ripe, and the habaneros have been the same colour for ages now. So I clipped everything, and stripped all the leaves that can’t take a light finger grab. Maybe they’ll recover if I treat them right.

It’s hard to see from the image, but the habeneros have a whitish colour near the stem… Not right.

I’m gonna pickle this whole batch. I ate half a habanero as a test and it has a good bite, so I’m happy with that at least

2 Likes