MEW Giveaways

Will add you if no one else has

1 Like

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/lxNpg/skullgirls

Does this work?

First attempt at a give away

Thanks for the pms and help

7 Likes

ok, i didn’t do the whitelist/steamgroups option but rather a private give away.
I’ll try on the next one
according to the FAQ I have to paste the URL which is above

3 Likes

Looks that way… it’s step 6 in the Create GA thing:

Invite Only will be fine for this one. Only issue might be if a non-MEW person spots the link in here. If that happens, so be it.

3 Likes

This game is really rather good. All the best to whoever enters!

Also, I am probably going to be giving away more stuff from the FANATICAL bundle, so stay tuned.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Wow, you guys really have some nice giveaways these days. I may enter for some of these tonight.

2 Likes

Been trying to get to level 2 for quite some time. But think the Giveaways I have had were not really that great to get enough points I think

3 Likes

Ah flip. Sorry.
I checked. Can’t change it unless I delete and create the giveaway again.
I realise now we seldom get points for the giveaways we create here:

What is contributor value?
Contributor value is a number that estimates the value of your giveaways within our community. When you give away a game, and the winner marks your gift as “Received”, the value of the game is added to your contributor value. If your giveaway was assigned “No Value”, or “Reduced Value”, the value of the game would be adjusted prior to being added. There are also two other factors that may influence the value of your giveaway.

After you give away a game 5 times (whether in the same giveaway, or in multiple giveaways), it will begin decreasing in value. The value is decreased by 10% for each additional copy. This means if you decide to give away 8 copies of a $10 game, it would add $74.39 (10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 9 + 8.10 + 7.29) to your contributor value. This has little effect on the majority of users, but prevents individuals from receiving a high contributor value from gifting a large number of promotional gifts, games obtained through pricing errors, or keys from contacting game developers.

If a giveaway is invite only, region restricted, or limited to a whitelist or Steam group, it will only add contributor value if it receives 5 or more entries. This is in place to prevent small groups of friends from attempting to cheat the contributor system, and to encourage users to expand the reach of their giveaways. The whitelist feature offers an easy way to target a larger audience, and you can combine it with small Steam groups to receive a greater number of giveaway entries if needed.

3 Likes

No no don’t worry! This gives more insensitive for people to enter giveaways!!

insensitive?

Yup, as when there are not more than 5 entries then the person doing the GA will not get any XP to level

1 Like

Hahahaha damn auto correct. Should be incentive =D

3 Likes

I struggle with this personally. Do I enter your GA to help make sure you get at least 5 entries and the Level boost you deserve for doing a giveaway, even if it’s a game I probably wont ever play? And if I do enter and I win, then I feel a bit crap for receiving a game that someone else who entered genuinely would have appreciated more than me.

2 Likes

I only enter if they dont reach the number, otherwise I dont bother, the chances of me winning is slim to none. Especially with you lot who win it all :stuck_out_tongue:

easy, then mark as received and give it to that person anyway :slight_smile: You get the key, not forced to used it on your account

1 Like

Nope it has to go to the persons account that won it.

Really? I did not know that? How can they see and regulate that?

Not sure, but I remember we had someone entering in the past who didnt add it to his account, they ban you from steam gifts - not sure if it still is regulated tho

I cant search for the thread now, myg is not even loading for me