Welcome to the MEW Secret Santa for 2018
- Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas, Please pick me for the festivities
- No, I am a Grinch and I do not/cannot participate
For those of you that don’t know what all this is about, here is a quick rundown. There will be a list of active MyG members that will receive a name randomly drawn by the Grand Poobah, and you have to buy an inexpensive gift for that person. This can be soap-on-a-rope, the latest Indie title no-one wants to play, or something grand and amazing, it’s entirely up to you. It’s as simple as that.
But, as all fun things in life, you need a safe word or a few rules. So here are the current rules to this project:
- You do not talk about whom you have received as Secret Santa… please… keep it anonymous.
- All decisions are final, and you are stuck with the person bestowed upon you. We do not have the admin time to manage members changing who they got for secret santa.
- The budget for the gifts is set to R300. You can spend up to that amount, but no one can ever force you not to exceed it (wink wink).
- We would really appreciate it if you actually send the gift. If you just don’t do anything, people will get sad and feel left out, and we don’t want that.
- Members wishing to join the Secret Santa must have been active on the forums in the past few months, or have more than 500 posts. To be added to the list please bribe PM me @DieGrootHammer or @Wyvern to receive an invite after careful consideration and VOTE on this thread. (New members need to have at least 2 long-standing members who can vouch for them to join the list.)
- I will gladly hand out gifts again to people via steam if you want to keep it anonymous - for steam gifts, just notify me so that I know that the gift is being planned.
- I think all gifts should be out by 1 December 2018 so that everyone can get their gifts before going on holiday - it is up to you when you want to open yours.
- Please also specify in your pm to me if you want to receive a gift in the post or just steam as well as how you want to gift a gift. - I will be posting something to someone again.
- Steam gifters will need to take note of this change in Steam policy and let them choose to either send the game directly via Steam or buy Steam keys from other places and send it via a proxy. It will suck a bit that Steam gifters will know who sent them the gifts, but it won’t be too big of a deal I would imagine.
These rules are here to ensure that we all have fun with this, and that we don’t get fly-by-night spammers trying to get presents with no intentions to give anything.
If you do not want to participate please vote no - if you do not vote, your name will not be in consideration for this. And you will NOT get a second chance to join in the fun.
Then if you feel uncomfortable with giving random strangers on the internet your postal address, fear not, as your name will be put up for a steam gift only. So please vote, and then to confirm your vote, send Wyvern a PM with either your steam id (if you do not want to receive postage) or postal address as well as Postnet. We will try and group the giftings that those who want to receive post, to be matched up with those willing to post. And the steam group with the steam people.
I will give you all till 30 September 2018 Midnight to submit your vote, finalise the list and give it to the Grand Poobah to do the draw. I will not be following up to check if you sent me a pm or not - if you haven’t then your details will not go onto the list even if you have voted, so remember to PM ME! (This is silly we all know I nag you lot for your pm’s so lets do this!)