MEW Streamers & Content Creators (Twitch, YouTube, FB Gaming)

I’d imagine a Timer command that calls a random line from a text file should be doable in most bots. Again, have you selected a specific bot yet, or wanting a bot that can do that?

2 Likes

Exactly, there’s so much to learn, it can get overwhelming if you try and do everything at once. One thing at a time. I may be streaming regularly, but it doesn’t mean i’m good :slight_smile: I’m still learning every day, constantly changing things.

As you stream you will notice things are are needed. I have a dog cam on my stream and a lot of viewers were joking that their camera should be bigger seeing that they are the stars of the show, so then I made a new scene where their camera was much larger than mine :slight_smile: But it’s only for special occasions. Can’t have them running the show all the time :slight_smile:

Yeah a timer is what does the ‘timed’ preset messages. Just depends on what bot you want to use. There are a few to choose from. They all basically do the same thing with a few tweaks that set each one apart.

https://nightbot.tv
https://wizebot.tv/index

I’m not sure how others are set up but the way that the ones that I’ve worked with are set up is you create another twitch account that’s going to be used by your bot. That’s way viewers know that it’s your bot talking in your chat. When you set up your bot you tell it to use that account to chat in your stream.

Sorry if I’m not explaining properly. Maybe to start with have a look at a few different bots and see which one you gravitate towards. I’m currently busy moving my bot from one that runs on my local machine during stream to an online based one so as to lighten the load on my pc. I used the pc type as previously my internet wasn’t good enough to have a web based chat bot.

5 Likes

I was going to suggest looking at Streamlabs as a good starting point for a lot of pre-built and integrated stuff. I remember using the Streamlabs chatbot to do pretty much exactly what you’re wanting to do @z1oc with a text file full of game quotes.

I can’t recall the exact timer command string, but it was something like:

$readrandomline(C:\Documents\StreamStuff\game_quotes.txt)

I do remember there was an issue with it not being able to find the text file initially that took me ages to work out - turned out that it was because I had spaces in the folder and file names :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Is that your actual physical wall?

2 Likes

Yup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

currently i am using streamlabs but as Entity mentioned its alot to learn and take in at once. Streamlabs makes it abit more basic so thats at least good. Will have a look at the links sent and maybe just host a stream on a other account to really test out stuff. Just feel bad to test as I start the stream.

2 Likes

Wow! There are some great guides you guys have recommended! Thank you! It makes for some fun bedtime reading!

I have had a second PC and have been wanting to do recording and quick editing of some videos rather than live streaming. I have a 4-in-1-out HDMI switcher that my PC, XBOX and PS4 connect to. I use the OUT to feed my capture card on the recording / streaming PC.

My main monitor is fed by display port and duplicated to the HDMI switcher. This way I can still game using G-Sync. Audio is sent from the gaming PC to the stream PC via Voicemeeter Potato. It works well but I wish I had a hardware device instead!

The streaming PC has the capture card and I use OBS to capture / stream my gaming. I do not do that nearly often enough and the finance manager is upset that I spent ANY money on a second PC :wink:

Now I need a good video editor to make my movies look cool for me, and a green screen, and a streamdeck, and 3 cameras to capture my face, hands and feet. Oh, and of course a personality to make me palatable to the general public!

4 Likes

With the weird people you find online you might actually only need a foot cam :laughing:

7 Likes

That all sounds cool. Keen for you to get going more.

Many people use material bought from a fabric store just hanging behind them. Some maybe use pvc piping to make a basic frame to peg the cloth to. It doesn’t really matter what is used as long as it is lit properly. That’s what could cause ‘ghosting’ behind you if there are shadows on the cloth. I’ve even seen people use green paper taped onto the wall behind them, but again, lit well.

green-screen-backdrop-alone images

If you have an iphone you can get the Streamdeck app for a monthly/yearly subscription. I’ve been using it since it was launched a couple of months ago. I had an old iPhone SE lying around and so now it is prestic’d to my desk propped up as a physical streamdeck would be. It has 15 buttons.
It costs $2.99 per month or 12 months for $25.
That’s about R50 a month while a new physical streamdeck 15 button costs R2600. It will take 52 months to cost as much as that. Over 4 years :slight_smile:

https://www.evetech.co.za/corsair-elgato-stream-deck/best-deal/5047.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2v6I7PaV5AIVR7TtCh1oSA3xEAQYASABEgJ3JfD_BwE

You get a 3 day free trial to give it a go.

As much as we joke about this, It is actually better to have more than one camera, for different angles of you. You can have a camera looking directly at you with your greenscreen behind you that you use while playing so you have your ‘cut out’ face on the gameplay. Then you have another camera to your side for when you are just talking and can have your whole background in view. Then you switch between them between games or stuff like that. It’s good to have a few different scenes with different angles and backgrounds and such. Variety is good.
For me I have 2 cameras, one for me and one for the doggo cam, but I want to get another one to have a different angle for my feet myself :slight_smile:

There is an audience for everyone, no matter the personality. There are even streamers/youtubers who have no emotion at all and just stare at the screen who have followings. Even streamers who sleep on stream. There are some ‘interesting’ styles :slight_smile:

This post wasn’t supposed to be so long, sorry. It ran away from me :slight_smile: Hope something I said helps.

3 Likes

yea maybe if i become more into streaming i would get these fancy things but for now its a shoebox and some buttons :smiley:

1 Like

All really good points, especially the Streamdeck app! The rest I was more joking about but who knows where it will end? Thanks n

2 Likes

Everyone’s joking about the feet camera, but I guess if you stream a lot of racing games, having a camera showing your feet braking, accelerating and clutch control could be quite cool!

3 Likes

I just found the Stream Labs OBS app, which is basically the same as Stream Deck, but specifically for Stream Labs. I am on Android so I dont have access to the Streamdeck app :frowning:

3 Likes

Ah yes, that’s good.

1 Like

Doing my first stream from my new channel, Champions of Victory!

Feel free to pop in and those who watch, please comment on audio and video quality!

Thank you all and to all a good night!

3 Likes

nice will have a look

1 Like

A coworker and I watched a bit now and it looks good!

3 Likes

Has anybody else seen that you can now stream through Discord?

3 Likes

I enjoyed the stream, especially when I cursed hammer and he drove into the back of someone - WHY HE NO BRAKE!?!

2 Likes

Is that a Nitro feature or available to anyone?