MEW Streamers & Content Creators (Twitch, YouTube, FB Gaming)

everyone, tested it last week and it works pretty well

2 Likes

I saw that too, but have not investigated yet. Will have a look at some time to see how this will work with a 2 pc setup.

Champions of Victory will be online again for the MEW F1 2019 race! Join us from 8pm onwards.

3 Likes

Sorry guys I missed out

2 Likes
1 Like

So i have been having this odd bitrate lag spikes and issue getting the stream running well for a few weeks. I decided on my day off I will look into it and I found a site to a local ingest server for Twitch and the stream was running so much better

http://twitch.cisp.co.za/

Give it a go see what you think. From my side it never been as smooth as it was when I linked to this server. Friend of mine who also streams will be giving it a go but also mentioned that hes alot better than it used to be.

1 Like

Here is list of all relays from the one SA streaming community Iā€™m part of. That one you said is only for Cool Ideas customers though, but otherwise it should be good. I have had a few issues with it before so I donā€™t trust it fully. Iā€™m personally using Hyperlayer for a while now and hasnā€™t let me down.

#Local Twitch Relays

# @CookieMonsterZA Relays

- London - rtmp://relay.madtek.co.za/london
- Milan - rtmp://relay.madtek.co.za/milan
- NOTE: The above Relays have a limited max bitrate of 6144Kbps (Audio Included) 

# CoolIdeas Client Relay

- London - rtmp://twitch.cisp.co.za/live
- NOTE: There are no limits on bitrate BUT is only open to CUSP clients
- http://twitch.cisp.co.za/

# @ReaperGP Relay

- London - rtmp://twitch.nolag.co.za/live
- NOTE: There are no limits on bitrate

# MWEB Relay

- London - rtmp://twitchrelaycpt.mweb.co.za/live
- NOTE: There are no limits on bitrate. 

# Hyperlayer's

- London - rtmp://twitch.hyperlayer.co.za/live
- NOTE:  There are no limits on bitrate
- http://twitch.hyperlayer.co.za/

# Afrihost

- London - rtmp://fwd.afrihost.com/twitch
- NOTE:  There are no limits on bitrate

# How to use the Twitch Relays

- In your preferred capture application go to your settings and select Custom Streaming Server
- Under URL use one of the links above
- Stream Key is your Twitch Stream Key found here: twitch.tv/broadcast/dashboard/streamkey/

http://twitch.cisp.co.za/settings.png
3 Likes

With the recent DDoS attacks CISP has had i wouldnā€™t trust that relay just yet

1 Like

So guys, in an effort to get my streaming / recording off the ground, I am using an older PC with a capture card to offload the encoding from the gaming PC. This was always fine, but now that my racing rig is far away from the stream PC I am having difficulty in controlling the stream PC!

I cannot justify money on a StreamDeck right now. So I am looking into alternatives to allow me to control OBS from an Android phone. I have installed OBS Web Sockets, but most apps using web sockets looks horrible. It also does not give you and indication that the button is currently ON or OFF.

Does anybody have any advice on this? Do you use an Android app to mirror a StreamDeck? I dont mind if I need to install a server app and a client app. Even if it ends up costing me a few bukcs, it just needs to work well.

And then, for anybody who uses 2 PCs and want assistance with setting up VoiceMeeter to get your sound between the 2 machines, I am now an expert, having struggled for hours to get it set up just right! I can even capture XBOX chat and game audio into separate channels.

1 Like

Take a look at Macro Deck. https://www.macrodeck.org/

Hereā€™s Aussie streamer Red Pandaā€™s intial thoughts when he first found itā€¦

And a couple of months later comparing it to the physical Stream Deckā€¦
2 Likes

Just came across Touch Portal

http://touch-portal.com/

This seems like exactly what I was looking for. I should have asked ages ago :wink:

3 Likes

https://mixer.com/shroud

Shroud, one of the biggest streamers on Twitch, has followed Ninja over to Mixerā€¦

2 Likes

Yup. Very interesting

1 Like

Like when you whippersnappers were all still TeamSpeaking and I was setting up a Discord server, this is just more proof that this old fart has his finger on the pulse :stuck_out_tongue:.

Those who follow this thread will know that Iā€™ve been messing around with Mixer streaming for a while now already (in fact from the days it was still Beam, even before the service was bought by MS and rebranded).

My fervent hope is that with these high profile streamers being brought on board and with the influx of new users coming to the platform, that Mixer really knuckle down and sort out some of the platformsā€™ shortcomings: the UI is still very clunky and not as viewer friendly as it could be, especially on console and mobile; searching for streams to watch needs work - by game, by category, by followed, by tags; crucial streamer tools like clipping and decent stream analytics are still missing (sure there are 3rd party tool replacements for much of these issues, but you shouldnā€™t need them); transcoding options are limited to Partners and Mixer Pro users; not enough is done to highlight and feature small variety streamers, especially those on PC.

My other more silent and probably not going to happen hope is that the growth of the platform will spur Mixer on to expand their ingest server locations and set one up in the MS centers in Joburg or Cape Town. Ping to the European server locations for me is generally 90-100ms on a good day. Either that or one of the local ISPs set up a decent relay server like Cool Ideas have for Twitch.

Mixer remains my personally preferred streaming platform from both viewer and streamer points of view for various reasons. But, despite the big name buys, theyā€™ll continue to be P2 to Twitch until they sort out the kinks.

Oh, and if you want to know what the next thing showing up in my crystal ball isā€¦ Rainway game streaming. Look it up yourselves, Iā€™m going to sit on my porch and chase the kids off my lawn.

2 Likes

Thats awesome @GregRedd, respect. Now, what can you tell me about crypto currencies?

3 Likes

That I should have bought (and sold) tons of BitCoin years ago. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

So I thought Iā€™d share, this morning I got my first Twitch payout! Yay! But thatā€™s not the point of my story :slight_smile:

I did the transfer from Paypal to my ABSA account through the FNB online banking route and it took a while and had many hoops to jump through but in the end it wasnā€™t too bad, mostly from 2 articles that helped me namely this one:

but more importantly from this one:

from our very own @SIGSTART, from 8 years ago!! Youā€™re like a ā€¦ I donā€™t know ā€¦ future seeing person :slight_smile:

I looked up words for people who can predict the future and the one I found was Soothsayer

Soothsayer : One who predicts the future by reason, intuition, or magic.

Magicā€¦ Thatā€™s what it is :slight_smile: The day I need help, I Google and I find that article by Sig :slight_smile: 8 years in the future.

Anyway, Just wanted to share that :slight_smile: Thanks @SIGSTART

6 Likes

Congratulations bud, well deserved for the effort and grind youā€™ve been putting into your stream! So when are you going full time?

On a related point to your post, Mixer have in the last week set up an Open Monetization Program for all streamers. The biggest plus for me is that the program is administered through the Microsoft Marketplace system and it allows you to set up your payments directly into a South African bank account, in Rands. You could also opt for PayPal payments, but this way avoids all over the run around you experienced.

(The Mixer program is not quite the same as the Twitch Affiliate program as there are no minimum channel requirements you need to meet in order to be eligible - just be over 18 and complete all the forms. Iā€™ll happily make a more detailed post about if it anyone wants more info.)

5 Likes

Thanks a lot.

Iā€™m not quite ready to move to Mixer, but by all means keep us updated. It sounds interesting all the moves Microsoft are making. Maybe when you make it big we can join you there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Entity! Really proud of you, man.

And it warms my custard-beating heart to hear that an article I did so long ago is still useful today. Iā€™ll tell Sam her article helped you when I next see her. Sheā€™ll be stoked to hear something she wrote helped a local streamer.

5 Likes