MEW Streamers & Content Creators (Twitch, YouTube, FB Gaming)

In your situation i probably wouldn’t either right now. But what I do recommend you do is at least create your channel there soon to lock in your Entity_SA name on the platform. There’s a lot of “Entity” accounts there already, but none with your “_SA” addition. Yet.

2 Likes

Good idea, but I’ve been on Mixer a while already so my name is safe :slight_smile: I would ideally like to have it just “Entity” one day, like I have it on here. Watched a few friends on there a few years ago, then they moved to Twitch.

Gave you a follow on both your channels

3 Likes

There i fixed it for you :wink:

3 Likes

A few upgrades I’ll be getting because of the payout, namely a mic and maybe a camera. I have so many ideas for the stream, but they are quite big and daunting, but I think it will be insane if I can get it right.

Mr @GregRedd sir, do you have any experience or advice regarding greenscreening? I know we’ve touched on this before but just wondering if you’ve played with it.

Edit. Apologies, or if anyone else knows.

4 Likes

Green screening is something I still haven’t really looked into all that much - I don’t really have the space for one, and haven’t really looked at alternatives like seatback screens too closely.

In theory it’s pretty straightforward to do, and with your streaming setup you could maybe do some cheap DIY to test if it works for you. Get a sheet of green poster cardboard and tape it up on the flat wall behind your seat. Then in OBS, right click your camera in Sources, select Filters, click the + sign on bottom left to add an Effect Filter, and choose Chroma Key. That should at least give you an idea if it’ll work for you.

I have played around a bit with software background removal with varying results. Best one I’ve found is Xsplits VCam. It does a pretty good job of removing your background if you have a decent camera and good lighting. For me it tends to leave pretty fuzzy edges, so I just use it with a blurred background setting and then have cropped it quite small on my overlay.

Here’s the OBS Chroma Key setting and a look at what mine looks like at the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give that a try. I’m going to be getting the logitech c922 which is quite a good webcam so I’m giving it the best chance of working I think.

https://www.takealot.com/logitech-c922-pro-stream-webcam/PLID45212724

1 Like

That’s the one I have :slight_smile: Very decent cam for streaming indeed. My only (small) gripe with it is that it doesn’t do low-light brilliantly. I have very light sensitive eyes and prefer to keep my gaming space fairly dark. But I guess good lighting is important for all streamers, so I’m learning to live with things a little brighter than I’d prefer.

3 Likes

Is that the man, the machine, the legend!? You look nothing like I imagined you look! Nice to make your aquaintance, Mr Jeff Goldblum!

5 Likes

Not sure I want to know what you were imagining. Or why. Weirdo.

Oh you flatterer you!

Honestly, I hate how I look on camera, and am convinced I have the perfect face for radio.

6 Likes

Got this stuff now, just to play with. See how it goes.

5 Likes

arrow%20hood

So something like this? :grinning:

5 Likes

So if you get a similar polo neck you could become a floating head!

4 Likes

Yup. Exactly

2 Likes

Just read through the upcoming podcast runner for interest-sake, saw my shout out, thanks for that but it’s not necessary really but appreciate it anyway @SIGSTART :slight_smile: MEW is home. MEW is life :grinning:

but just useless info, the equipment isn’t the only thing I’m upgrading. I’m ‘almost’ redoing everything. Literally every day I’m at a shop somewhere getting ‘parts’ and researching stuff online every day for what I’ll be doing. Its a mindblowingly outrageous idea/change, but if I can get it right it will be amazing. I just have lots of work to do to get there :slight_smile: I don’t want to give any clues because I know I have some viewers from on here that might let something slip on stream :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to link this to the podcast thread.

2 Likes

I just caught her on her stream and told her it helped :slight_smile: She was glad yes.

1 Like

Got a few of my upgrades for the stream, more coming.

@GregRedd wow that camera is awesome. The word that kept popping into my head while I was working with it is ‘class’. That camera is ‘class’ :grinning:

5 Likes

Round 2 of upgrades. 3rd and final items will be here tomorrow.

6 Likes

Looks awesome Entity! Very keen to see it all working together. And curious as heck to see what Round 3 brings.

3 Likes

Last few things to upgrade the stream. Now to put it all together

6 Likes

wow looks like some good gear

4 Likes