Most Epic Discord

@SIGSTART can you take a look please

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll take a look.

This appears to have started happening around on 9 July. Can anyone think of a reason that might be?

1 Like

Could be with all the updates and stuff that there’s bugs and all that but if you know for a fact its the discord you can enter it or just ask someone on the discord to create an invite and then you’ll skip all that

1 Like

The auto-poster is still not working. At one stage it stopped posting links altogether, and now it’s back to posting the 404 link.

I’ll try setting up a Zapier rule, and if that doesn’t work, we’ll have to post links to the articles manually.

2 Likes

I haz finally joined discord

4 Likes

Woooooot party time

1 Like

Nice to see the WP catching up with the rest of the country eventually :joy:

Come give the F1 drivers kak while you watch us wreck ourselves on @oltman’s stream.

MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

2 Likes

Can I ask who currently manages the Discord? I have some questions regarding app integration.

2 Likes

The admin is @SIGSTART now, I don’t know if @GregRedd still has admin rights?

Then me, @Wyvern @Solitude and @DieGrootHammer have moderator rights

What do you want to do?

3 Likes

The server app I’m using to run the Assetto Corsa league has discord integration.
So things like posting notifications, links, reminders x amount of time before the start of the race.

2 Likes

He doesn’t know either… :expressionless:

@SIGSTART has decidedly more insight into management of the server, but assuming I do still have admin rights…

What do you need to happen on the MEW Discord side for the integration to work? Specific permissions to a dedicated Assetto Corsa channel, or some such? I think I could figure out how to do that, but not much more. (So long as @SIGSTART is okay with me giving you those permissions of course.)

2 Likes

The integration will probably need an API key.

I’m happy to help get the integration going. Just point me at what you need.

2 Likes

I think there will need to be an announcement channel specifically for these messages. I’m not very familiar with this side of discord, bots, etc.

Yip.
Discord API Token
Discord Channel ID
Discord Role ID
Discord Role Command

The first 2 are pretty straight forward.
I think Role ID will only send the notifications to users with the specified role, so as not to spam the entire discord.

I’m not sure with Role Command. This is the explanation that’s given

If the Discord Role ID is set, you can optionally specify a command string here, like “notify” (no ! prefix), which if run as a ! command by a user (on a line by itself) in Discord will cause this server to attempt to add the configured role to the user. If you run multiple servers with Discord enabled, only set this on one of them. In order for this to work your bot must have the “Manage Roles” permission.

3 Likes

Please hit me with a link in a PM.

If I recall correctly, you have to click through to a kind of app store to install a bot on a Discord server.

1 Like

Why do we not have an mIRC though?

5 Likes

Can anyone see the Discord icon in the menu bar? Is there even supposed to be one there?

Link still works perfectly though…

2 Likes

I also just have an empty space on the white theme.

3 Likes

Same just a blank spot - I didnt even realise that there is a discord button

4 Likes

i assumed it was broken cos of browser extensions i use :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Rest assured. I use zero extensions and do not see it.

2 Likes