Most Epic Game Club 12 nominations

Status Report

So far the following games have received multiple nominations:

• Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (8 hours)
  • Undertale (10.5 hours)
  • Yakuza 0 (65 hours)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (13.5 hours)
  • Mass Effect 2 (35.5 hours)
  • Beautiful Desolation (12 hours)
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence (12 hours)

Thank you for your nominations so far @1nF4m0u5, @murfle, @Wlad, @Solitude, @Beo, @Wyvern!

Original Post

It is time.

Game Club 11 was a communal playthrough of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Those who are still busy with it, you have until the end of March 2020 to complete the base game. Extra credit if you also finish the expansions.

But now we must choose another sacrifice game to play together.

For those who may not know… Game Club is like a book club for games. We select a game, then play and discuss it over a set period. Sometimes we talk nonsense on Discord, but that’s optional. What’s not optional is posting on the forum.

You need to post about your play-through and announce in the relevant forum topic when you’ve finished the game. Only then will the great honour that comes with a specially-crafted forum badge be bestowed upon you.

We play the game through from beginning to end. If you’ve already played it, you need to replay it from the beginning.

To borrow a phrase from @Solitude:

Buy it, play it, post on the forum, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world.

First we nominate a set of games. We’ll vote later. You can nominate three games. Those with the most nominations get put on the ballot, so if you want to make sure a game makes it through to the final vote you should nominate it! Even if it has been nominated by someone else.

GameClub 12 will start on 1 April 2020 (no Fools here) and will run for two months.

Nominations will close on Tuesday, 24 March 2020, after which we’ll call a vote.

Let the nominating begin!

3 Likes

Thanks to @GregRedd for posting an update on the new titles available on Xbox Game Pass:

Here are my nominations (playtime is Main+Extra time from HowLongToBeat.com):

1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (13.5 hours)
  2. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (8 hours)
  3. Undertale (10.5 hours)
3 Likes

Here’s my tributes:

1. Hotline Miami
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Fallout New Vegas (Fitting since with a virus on the horizon and possible nukes)
4 Likes

I’m gonna do this again

1. Mass Effect
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Mass Effect 3
4 Likes
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Plague Tale Innocence
  3. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
4 Likes

Thanks for doing this @SIGSTART!

1. Undertale (10.5 hours)
  2. Beautiful Desolation (some hours)
  3. Monster Hunter World (96.5 hours)
3 Likes

Bump, for great justice.

I may switch out my nomination for Ori and the Will of the Wisps to get a one of the other nominated games on the ballot. I’m thinking A Plague Tale: Innocence (topical) or Monster Hunter World.

2 Likes
  • Yakuza 0
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
4 Likes

Mine is:

1. Mass Effect 2
  2. Beautiful Desolation
  3. A Plague Tale: Innocence
3 Likes

@SIGSTART I changed mine to include Beautiful Desolation. That would be a nice one. Support the local devs too.

4 Likes

Today is the last chance to get your nominations in!

The ballot to vote for the game we’ll be playing will be posted tomorrow.

3 Likes

Yakuza 0 (on game pass if I’m not mistaken)
Fallout new vegas
Hotline Miami