Most Epic Games of the Year 2019 Discussion

Using subliminal messaging on us! Protect yourselves!

4 Likes

Okay guys. let’s give this until the end of the weekend for a think, and I’ll create the threads on Sunday. Can then vote the entire next week, and the week thereafter have the winner posts. Then at the end of November we will have the winners of the annual MEW GOTY’s!!!

2 Likes

These are fantastic!

For the space game category we can try to be funny or off beat too… Maybe “Best game for Rocket Scientists” or something.

1 Like

Can we have something for most anticipated game as well?

3 Likes

While I’m creating the threads, good idea. I will add that as well

3 Likes

Right, all the nomination threads are created and can be viewed from here:

5 Likes

Haha, all those new threads are intimidating.

1 Like

If you’re like me and can’t remember what you had for dinner two nights ago, I’ve found using the annual lists over on metacritic as a reminder of when something was released and on what platform.

Also @DieGrootHammer, is there a cutoff point for nominations? As in, there are a couple of games that aren’t out yet but that will still release this year that might be worthy of a nomination. Jedi Fallen Order and the Pokemon Sword/Shield games for example.

5 Likes

I’ll keep the nominations open until this weekend. We’ll see how many nominations we’ve received, and can even go an extra few days next week to pick up any other stragglers.

2 Likes

Swell. On that basis though, technically could we therefore also nominated games released late last year? Say eligible games from mid-November 2018 to mid-November 2019? (I honestly can’t remember if there was anything notable released late last year. Just for in case, and for the future.)

1 Like

Potentially yes. Like the new Star Wars game is releasing this week. It should be no problem to nominate. I would hesitate and say no games later than this week, so no Pokemon perhaps. Have to draw a line somewhere.

2 Likes

@DieGrootHammer

I’ve just thought of another nomination category (of course AFTER you’ve created all the threads!) that you may want to add:

• Best Subscription Service
3 Likes

Could modify that to best valve subscription service?

1 Like

Lol just too late. Can actually still create this, so that we can all nominate and vote Xbox Game Pass as the best.

6 Likes

I made a few suggestions, but will be editing my entries as I go through my inventory… Is there a way to see Steam games play time, but only for 2019?

Also, how do we work with re-releases? Special Editions, Complete Editions, etc?

2 Likes

We shoudl really start an Grumpy Old Gamer group! We can be founding members! Focus on the older, rather than the grumpy, of course. Until those pesky kids get on my lawn again!

4 Likes

Ooh! I just thought of a new category. Is it too late to suggest it?

• Most Epic event of the year (to contrast the most disappointing)

I would specifically like to nominate Bungie kicking Actizzard to the curb.

4 Likes

Already created it. (But really just made a kick-arse banner and logo and nothing more :smiley: )

Excuse me Sir… do you have a moment to talk about SPOG?

SPOG is the Society for the Preservation of Old Gamers. It was established way back in '14 when I was really bored. So long ago in fact that I can’t find my original PSD file anymore, but that’s a story for another day…

There are currently only 2 members of SPOG - me and my alt - and only 2 Official SPOG Chapters so far - one in Star Citizen, the other in Mixer. The SPOG Council of Elders haven’t even decided what to set the minimum age for membership.

SPOG-Logo

3 Likes

How do I sign up!?

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like