New World (Amazon's MMO)

@shrike?!

@GregRedd @Wyvern Heracleion is the server with the most South Africans on. It is the server I will be transferring to come this week when they do transfers.

I would suggest this for long term since there will always be people playing on our time zone and willing to help. I know I will always be willing to help :wink:

2 Likes

I see in the Screenshots topic that you’ve bought a patch of land. Does that mean the server transfers are working now, or does your land move with you when you do?

If they are working now, what’s the process?

I bought a nice house in the one area after I read that everything is transferring when they open it up. Here is the official notification from last week Friday:

So it is coming soon!

1 Like

I’m light of the fact that you have to leave your Company when switching servers, and the dodgy leadership shenanigans that you mentioned happening…

https://gamerant.com/new-world-players-robbed-own-guilds/amp

…would there be any value in creating a smaller Company on the new server? One with you, being the most engaged and experienced, as Governor and membership limited to only MEW members or folk voiced for directly by one of us?

Personally, my gaming time is way too limited to risk losing hours of effort and in-game grind to some chop that disappears to go feed his god complex.

I would much prefer being in a small Company with (mostly) people I know from here, than in a larger one with a bunch of randoms.

There would be value in that in the short term. However, the long term is where the issue lies. Once you hit level cap, there are many things you cannot experience without being part of a bigger community. The reason I want to be on a server with many South Africans is because it gives me options to partake in group activities in our play time, which is one hour earlier than most EU people.

This is all in an effort to extend the game played.

1 Like

I would suggest joining the server, see how it goes. Join or create a smaller company, all while having me to help if you need it!

1 Like

To be honest, I am not confident that I will stay in this South African company for long. They soon will realise that although I am very active in chat and in discord, I am not going to be active with wars/pvp. I will join those when I feel like it not because “we are under attack! Everyone do all these things on this list and be a good team player!”

They might just kick me for not being that “good team player” ;-P. I will contribute to the “war effort” by donating resources which I have a lot from just randomly exploring, that I will do.

1 Like

Quite the audio record for me. Let me explain, in most open world games and MMOs, I turn the in game music off within a week and replace it with my own thematic music. 2 Weeks in I started doing it for New World.

The sound in this game is best experienced with good earphones. The directional sound, the environmental sounds, are just amazing. The musket gunshots echoing across the scenery from someone shooting something, the war cries etc. You can tell if there is action happening nearby, just by tracking the sound.

The only thing I don’t like are the vocal shouts for the life staff, it gets real irritating, quickly.

Pretty much summarises my experience. Each day I fix my eye on a new goal and little by little I get there. A lot of people have a problem with the questing system. In some ways it is just copy and paste fetch and kill missions but for me they are just pin points on the map that I head towards and explore everything in between.

Many times the quest stays undone for quite some time as I venture into an unexplored area on the way there.

2 Likes

Patch and 5 hour downtime today from noon until x. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Patch 1.0.2 sadly does not include the much anticipated server transfer feature. :slightly_frowning_face:

…alongside laying additional groundwork for the upcoming server transfer feature. Many members of our team are still working tirelessly on ensuring everyone can find a world to call their long-term home with the character transfer feature. We’ll have more information on server transfers when they’re ready…

@Pamar pointed this out to me… how insanely good is the compression in this patch?!

A 177.4 MB download that installs to 12.1 GB!

2 Likes

@GregRedd how’s the game so far for you?

1 Like

Very, very good. But utterly insane amounts of content and information to take in that it’s almost overwhelming at times :grinning:

Just wish I had more time to spend with it to get to grips with everything. It’ll happen, just slowly. Which is fine by me. (I’ve already seen a couple of posts by people bitching that they’re at Level 60 already, aren’t getting any new dungeons or legendary gear, and are complaining that the game has no content and it’ll be dead in a month :open_mouth:).

There’s hundreds of perks and buffs that can be added to hundreds of items, tools and weapons. We saw something like 860 in-game achievements available. 190 titles that you can earn doing various things in the game. And yet, some folk have rushed through to the current end game point and are bored already. Within 2 weeks. I don’t understand people who play these sorts of games like that.

Rolled a second character last night so that I could group up with @Pamar in his World and we spent a good few hours pottering around together. Helped me get to Level 10 pretty quickly so that I could join a Faction (the Syndicate) to see what all this war talk is about. There’s invasions and wars everywhere on the server we’re on now. Paul signed up to help defend the faction in a war scheduled for tonight, so we’ll see how that goes for him.

Pacifist me, I just really want to spend the next couple of hours I get in-game figuring out the crafting and cooking mechanics, maybe do some basic resource gathering missions from the Town Board, and then spend some time at the Trading Post working on building my coin reserves. Want to get myself to at least Level 20+ doing solo side missions for the faction and the town before I start thinking about joining in on any of the PvP type stuff.

Until then, it’ll just be me, my constantly over-encumbered inventory bag, and my trusty 130GS sword. And those stupid wolves!

1 Like

Completely agree on the idiots rushing the game. They miss so much!

1 Like

The only immediate downside I can see for taking it slow is that when it comes to completing group only quests, I will be asking for help and a lot of asking on the Recruitment channel since most people have long gone past them.

Another reason I want to be on a server with a South African community. I am going to need the help. For faction quests or quests than need me to kill elites, I am ok with since I am so far outlevelled that they are soloable for me, especially with my total healer build.

Eish, I have had to do some series correction of my hoarder self, my shed/house/personal inventory could not take it anymore.

I now only hoard alchemical and cooking stuffs and I drop/sell the rest. I have over 800 weight in just cooking ingredients :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The difference is the time spent waiting in queues in that first week, 185 hours on steam, 160 in game

1 Like

25 hours in queues to get into a game would drive me insane. And I’m sure that’s not even an unusually long about of time compared to some other players.

Even now, a couple of weeks into things, I’m still seeing a handful of server Worlds with hundreds of people waiting in queues. This was the EU Central server a few nights ago when I last played.