New World (Amazon's MMO)

My current server must have had a big drop off then, not seen a queue in over a week. Will have to see how transfers influence my target server :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Transfers are here along with minimum 5 hours patch downtime starting now at 7.00 am and another 8 hours after they go live for transfers to start, all the details:

1 Like

Still heading to Heracleion? I still don’t have much, so don’t really mind where I go at this point…

Will give it a few days, probably to the weekend, for the initial flood to fade a bit before shifting over.

Yes, I am still committed to moving to Heracleion. I still feel that being on a server with a South African community will help me play the game longer.

1 Like

To me, the sound in this game grabs me every time I play and here is why:

2 Likes

Sigh, I have been asked to hold off on moving to Heracleion just yet. The whole server transfer thing might change the landscape of the current server to the degree that the south african community might have to mass move somewhere else.

So it is in my interest to hold off until things settle down before moving as I might have to move to another server and they don’t want me to waste my free token.

Good point I suppose:

1 Like

It’s a fair point. Would hate to switch to a server that lands up being completely overpopulated and landing up with huge server queues.

Any indication when a decision will be made? Keep us informed if you can once a suitable server has been selected.

So far they agree 2 days to see, this will then give them time to evaluate the numbers in wars declared as well.

Of course the caveat is that once I can transfer to join them the server could be full. Irony.

1 Like

Update patch 1.0.4 is out. Server moving being re-enabled (if it works in the test region.)

New World - October 27, 2021 - Update 1.0.4 - Steam News (steampowered.com)

1 Like

Yeah, I am ready for the move, been for a while, so hoping it happens. They really did a bunch of oopsies with this patch. So much got broken.

1 Like

And sadly, it looks like this new one is also problematic… Users have discovered a major new flaw that is causing them to lose a lot of gold.

Buy and Sell transactions that happen while you’re offline are not giving the gold earned from the sale, or the goods bought.

Yeay! My one and only craft I am interested in.

2 Likes

Spent some time on the weekend churning through some Town Board missions to get my character up to Level 20. Next I want to go back and do so more main story missions.

Still lots of irritating bugs and glitches even after the latest patch. My interaction E disappears every now and then (have to go in and out of the Inventory a few times to get it to reappear). The Town Board itself sometimes doesn’t activate when approached - it visually appears completely blank. Again, toggling in and out of the Map and Inventory, and walking away from it does eventually trigger it. Had one incident where I was battling with a wolf and realised almost too late that none of my sword strikes were damaging it at all - it still had full health. Managed to pull away from it far enough to equip my axe and that worked fine.

Occasionally also get dropped out of the crafting station or trading post for no reason and have to restart whatever I was doing. Just lots of weird stuff like that happening. Nothing absolutely game breaking that I’ve found, but irritations that really shouldn’t be in the game at this point. Not enough to stop my playing some more though.

What may stop me playing though is the awful lag and terrible server performance. Had a 45 minute queue wait on Saturday from about 8PM, and then lag, lag, lag. And not just in the busy town areas. Out in the world by myself too. And some huge ones of a second or two plus at times where my character is just frozen on screen. My Sunday morning session was a lot better, but towards lunchtime it started getting bad again, presumably as the Europeans started coming online. By the time I quit early evening it was back to the awful issues from Saturday again.

You’d think a division of one of the worlds wealthiest companies, with access to one of the most powerful and widespread cloud server services in AWS, would be able to spin up a handful of extra virtual servers at peak play times? Or even better, add more regional and local servers for us to use!

1 Like

@Shrike - any idea if the SA player base ever managed to switch over to Heracleion?

Huge queues on my current world - Abaton - over the weekend and again last night. And then a huge lag fest once you eventually do get in. I am going to scour the internet for server stats and population sizes and move somewhere a lot quieter at the next possible opportunity.

This was last night at 9:30PM - not going to waste an hour plus of my already limited gaming time in a server queue.

https://www.cbr.com/amazon-new-world-loses-500000-players/

1 Like

Some big bugs being squashed and coin resellers and exploiters being banned in Patch 1.0.5. Should currently be being deployed.

1 Like

@GregRedd Yes, the SA community is now going to stay on Heraclion. Sorry for the late reply I was afk for a week.

2 Likes

Good to see you back @Shrike - hope the recovery goes well. :muscle:

Created a new temp alt to go have a wander around Heracleion (and to see if I can figure out what’s selling for high prices :smiley: ), going to stock up on that stuff in my current world, then transfer.

1 Like

A public test server to test new things before they introduce them into the live game and break more stuff?! What a novel idea! :smiley:

1 Like

Major New World update 1.1 - Into the Void is out now.

This update includes the new Void Gauntlet weapon, allowing you to manipulate the powers of the Void to support your allies and debilitate your enemies with this magical DPS/support hybrid. You will also be able to face off against new (and fierce) Varangian Knight enemy type as you ascertain their true intentions and why they’ve arrived in Aeternum.

Into the Void contains hundreds of other changes and bug-fixes, from faster movement speed on roads, to linking Trading Posts, to new quests.

2 Likes