No Man's Sky — Every Atom Procedural

Well, the bug has bitten me again. I got NMS about 2 or 3 weeks ago during the Xbox sale despite having it on PC. The game after NEXT was great, but my PC always struggled to run it. But now on Xbox, it is glorious. I’ve spent about 30 hours in the game and absolutely loving it. Is there anyone else playing it?

3 Likes

I tend to come back to it every few months for 2 weeks. I get no sleep during those 2 weeks! Such a good game and so addictive!

1 Like

Oh wow! This wasn’t in the game when I was playing. Is this a naturally occurring formation?

3 Likes

Yup. Was just as surprised to find it. What’s also cool is each of those ‘panes’ move, as if like a old CRT TV showing those lines and static. Very cool. The planet is a bugger though with it wanting to kill you any chance it gets. Beauty of the visuals of the planet ‘complimented’ with the harshness of it. The first time I found this planet I was immediately attacked by sentinels and I just hit my ship and blasted out of there. Finally got the courage (and resources) to go back to it to claim it.

3 Likes

Most insane planet! Very cool find!

2 Likes

The more I’m seeing of this game the more I want to get it.

3 Likes

I know me too!

2 Likes

There is also a planet made of hexigons, nothing really of use on it though and i believe it only had like two species of plant and one species of animal, which are hexigon bushes and trees, and a hexigon jellyfish that floats in the air. If i find it again i will get a screenshot

2 Likes

On each of those there are artifacts you can hang up in your base as a decoration. I loved hunting those down.

2 Likes

He’s teasing us

Thanks @Deadlypinecone for the heads up.

IMG_20190802_144721

3 Likes

Keen to see more of the base logic and automation options. (Pic from Reddit)

3 Likes

Keen to start milking aliens…

1 Like

OK, I downloaded NMS again in preparation for the Beyond launch. Will have to start over as I forgot how to play…

2 Likes

Yup, I’m keen for it.

I’m going to log in, see all the new base stuff I can build and immediately spend hours hunting salvaged tech to unlock it all. It’s gonna be great. I’m ready.

3 Likes

Patch notes!

https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

2 Likes

That all looks pretty amazing. Keen to try it out.

Patch seems to be out for PS4

1 Like

I think I feel a cough coming on. Might have to go home to rest…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t want to get others in the office sick as well

2 Likes