No Man's Sky — Every Atom Procedural

That should be company policy.

1 Like

MY BODY IS READY FOR NMS VR!!!
Caps intended!

2 Likes

Wow that is a massive update indeed. I will also be playing again at some point!

2 Likes

We should make a MEW group or something

1 Like

Thought the same, are there stuff like clans in this game? I don’t think i can remember such things

And so it starts

And WMR has issues with it. Got it fixed with PseudoVive at least. But controls feel a little weird. Will read up more tomorrow.

1 Like

the biggest addition to the update:

XD

4 Likes

Its been half price for the last couple of months, would have liked to try it, but atm I’m busy with Division 2 and getting Doom Eternal (pre-ordered) and the new Ghost Recon

2 Likes

Enjoying the update. Nevermind all the new things to do, the game even feels a lot smoother.

2 Likes

Yes, before update my brand spanking new AMD GPU was getting 20 fps while it hits 40-50 FPS in Anthem. After update: solid 60

3 Likes

So I’ve been reading about how people are building bases together and how they are getting it right, basically either on pc, xbox or ps4 someone finds a good planet to build on, then other players join their game with steam friends or ps4 party to get to that planet, then you build your own base computer and voila, then you can teleport to that planet whenever you want.

This makes sense in my head but I haven’t tried it yet so I’m not sure if it does in fact work.

Just for if we wanting to do a MEW planet. I’m on ps4 though

So you can’t cross platform in NMS?

1 Like

Nope unfortunately

Just spent 3 hours trying to work out how to use the power cables. Made an electromagnetic power thingy but it was beyond my main base computer range where the site scanner found a position so had to use another base computer for it.
Then the cables cant be used on a non base area, so had to put base computers on the path back to my main base to transfer the power.
Eventually got a cable back to the main base but for some reason the power didn’t transfer. Not sure if there’s a distance limit for the cables or what.

Need to research more.

Also it seems the mineral extractors work even when you not playing. I made a supply depot as I finished playing one day and when I played again it was full as I started the game. It would have taken 5 hours of playtime to fill like that.

4 Likes

Look at your fancy little watermark in the corner there. Awesome :grin:

2 Likes

:grinning:
It was for my socials

3 Likes

I was having a good time in Beyond on Sat when it crashed and suddenly I was a guest in my own base.

2 Likes

Played a ton of this game over the weekend, and man the new update does change the game for the better. Decided to start over again, and I’m not too far from where I was in my previous save with only a fraction of the hours.

Managed to build a base, but also still have to figure out the whole cabling and power system. It seems that those prefab buildings all have integrated lights and power, so it’s easy to just plug them into your power network and power all the connecting prefabs. It’s when you build additional rooms with the modular component that you need to get your cabling right. These do not have lights, nor do they get power from any connected prefabs. That makes things tricky.

My started freighter is also a damn small C class, but at least it’s something.

Overall I’m loving the game now more than ever.

1 Like