Offbeat . . . Off Topic

FML there go my headphones. Hope everyone in this office likes Morbid Angel.

There only two types of people: Those who like Morbid Angel and those who havenā€™t heard it yet.
Iā€™m solidly in the second category. They sound like a gospel outfit?

/* off to YouTube Morbid Angel whilst humming ā€œCloser to Theeā€

Edit: That would be challenging to sing along with 'round the campfire at the annual Sunday School picnic.

I donā€™t actually listen to them, its on a Deezer suggested playlist. So theres a third category.

I wonder if this discobot can be taught more tricksā€¦

It is disappointing that it doesnā€™t know how to dance. How can you be a discobot if you canā€™t even dance? Not even the electric slideā€¦

Whewie. The tiredness.

How are you all doing?

Atm just got home sitting and drinking coffee and pondering what to play.
Killing floor 2 or heroes of the storm .

Overlord :wink:

I am at Qualcommā€™s Tech Summit in Maui at the moment. Itā€™s 05:15 in the morning here.

Collapsed into bed at ilke 20:00 last night (08:00 SAST) so now Iā€™m awake. Not wide awake, but not sleepy enough to go back to bed. So I might as well be productive.

Starting reading Pattern Recognition by William Gibson again on the plane(s) and I love his description of jet lag.

Pattern Recognition by William Gibson:

She knows, now, absolutely, hearing the white noise that is London, that Damienā€™s theory of jet lag is correct: that her mortal soul is leagues behind her, being reeled in on some ghostly umbilical down the vanished wake of the plane that brought her here, hundreds of thousands of feet above the Atlantic. Souls canā€™t move that quickly, and are left behind, and must be awaited, upon arrival, like lost luggage.

1 Like

@SIGSTART how do I add tags to topics I tried a few but I am unable.

Can you post a screenshot?

When ever I type something it will not save it it will just give me a list.

Tagging is a feature limited to mods and I think posters who get to trust level 3.

Let me see if that can be changed.

Iā€™m also thinking of eventually changing ā€œofficialthreadā€ to ā€œwikiā€ so that all Official Thread OPs are editable by anyone who can edit wikis (which is anyone UL1 and higher at this stage).

EDIT-update:

Nope Iā€™m wrong. Anyone UL0 and higher should be able to tag.

After selecting the tag, remember to click the checkmark.

There is nothing to check it comes up almost as a search.
Its the same when I created the topic.

Ah. It may be that you canā€™t create a new tag, but only use existing ones.

What tag would you like to give the thread?

Was tagging it with VN and visual novels.

Cool I have an idea for discussing new tags.

I donā€™t think we need to tag a topic/thread with the title ā€œvisual novelsā€ with the same tag. Not yet, anyway. But it shouldnā€™t be up to just me.

i also tried to create a tag but then i gave up eventually

in other news Thor ragnarok is a much better movie then what i expected it to be, definately worth a watch

New meta thread about tags and categories is up. Let me know what you think.

Np was just thinking its like the tags where if you tag it as a visual novel people searching for it on google will hit this site.