Offbeat . . . Off Topic

Goodmorning !!

1 Like

I feel compelled to sample every switch cart I buy

1 Like

Not a joke hey, if you lick them they taste horrible. leaves a very bitter taste on your tongue

2 Likes

Gary seems to be doing well. He has transitioned to a very fashionable jacket that he wears every day, and I think he’s gotten a new baseball bat. But he’s strut is still upbeat and full of testosterone! Plus the dog is getting bigger.

3 Likes

That is great to hear! I was hoping the doggo would be doing good and Gary great.

If they can keep going we all can!

2 Likes

Theres an ex girlfriend joke to be made out of that.

Otherwise, can confirm switch carts taste a bit unpleasant.

You’re licking the wrong end

2 Likes

Morning MEWBS,

Been a bit naughty and haven’t been on this page.
Congrats @Wyvern on the addition to the famdamily. Hope she can cook and clean :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a couple weeks till F1 2018 is being released - need to put time into finishing 2017 this month and then Dakar 18 is being released.
Never been excited about game launches, but have been a good boy and bought nothing new since Forza 7.

5 Likes

I’m right there with you about being excited about F1 2018. I still only have 2016 version of the game, and since getting a proper wheel to race with, I am extremely excited to get the new game.

2 Likes

which wheel did you go with?

F1 2017 is amazing, but judging by the interview the main guy did at e3 (i think) F1 2018 is going to blow our minds away…

So now that the new steam chat system is out of beta, who’s used it and how is it? I’m curious to know if this update is worth it or would the old system still be the better option.

1 Like

I got the Logitech G920 wheel. And it’s been an absolute game changer!! The control you have over breaking is crazy. I immediately turned off ABS as well as traction control, as the wheel just affords such greater precision.

Most other racing games I can see that I am a bit slower with the wheel than with a controller. But not in F1 2016. I am at least 1 second a lap quicker on the tracks I tested so far. And that was with the old 2016 Red Bull.

1 Like

I need that.
I’m losing time on tight hairpins such as the red bull ring in section 1 top of the hill. Trying to get on the apex means coming in wide breaking only enough to reduce speed but keeping enough for the downforce to give you the traction needed.
I’m also losing time on fast flowing sections as at speed you need small and precise steering.
I’m having to lift off the gas a touch to allow a clumsy input from the controller.
My issue will be mounting it as my lounge isn’t big

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/dakar-18-features

:drooling_face:

3 Likes

Ok can it be holidays?

2 Likes

MickeyD passed away. :cry:

Don’t know if any of you know him from MyBroadband. It’s very sad. He has been struggling with illness for a while now.

5 Likes

Think this warrants an Official Thread:

3 Likes

I knew him a little bit. I didnt know he was sick. Im sorry for the loss

2 Likes

But on a lighter note. Nicely done with the competition @Wyvern!

4 Likes

Hehehe this is me spending sars monies when I dont even have it yet. But i figured its a great way to celebrate something local

2 Likes