Official MEW Race of Geeks [MEWRL]

A Challenger Approaches!!

Good, I’ll put in some more laps to get my times down. A disgrace that in a 2019 car I am not faster yet.

2 Likes

I do have the advantage of some assists. I cannot get the gearing right on the controller, and I need the ABS as I have no feel for the brakes on the XBOX One controller…

Time for a wheel, perhaps? :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a dark path you are looking down

4 Likes

OK, in F1 2019 I seem to have found a few extra fractions.

Cannot wait to get a full roster!

3 Likes

You did that time in your first session with the game? On a controller? With all Assists on? And you’re 5+ secs faster than me?

I hate you.

And I suck.

3 Likes

Life has been very busy this side.
Please send me your French and Austrian GP times on Discord if not posted on here already (quick catch up if you wanna join).
I will do a full table with points end of week beginning of next week.

Silverstone approaches - we will be racing Mclarens and Open,

Have fun :slight_smile:

Please look here

2 Likes

I was doing really well in F1 2019 on PC, but then hopped onto XBOX for F1 2018 to prepare for the XBOXPlaydatesZA race tomorrow night. My Ferrari scored a pretty good time, almost a second faste than the PC version! But when I moved to the Merc to get a good time there too. It frustrated me to no end!

So I gave up. After supper I tried again and scored my best lap yet on the first go! I am not going to push my luck and will call it quits!

Not too bad in the Ferrari, but look at my “no time” laps!

Then a quick single lap and BAM!

1 Like

Hey guys!

I asked @Snowbeast if I can hep him with the Race of Geeks. So I started making a Google Sheet with the basics on it. I will make it look pretty later. Basically only Snowbeast and I can add times and points, but you can all see the results.

I will try to update this every Monday after an F1 Grand Prix so we can track our progress.

Please also let me know if you want to see anything else on the sheet or if it does not make any sense.

4 Likes

Soooo… I know why F1 2018 has such a faster time than F1 2019. There is NO DRS on the main straight in F1 2019. Even Lewis Hamilton just complained about it during practise.

3 Likes

Thank you @oltman for the help, with him on board this thread will be hugely better!

This week, dust off your Williams’ in honor of Sir Frank Williams.

4 Likes

Colour me confused :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Okay. so I went with the McLaren and the Merc for my Silverstone, British GP times:

(Did the Merc time after the last update to the Google sheet - worked damn hard for those almost 2 seconds!!)

@Snowbeast - guessing Mercedes and one other for the German GP?

Amazing what a bit of practise can do! Where were these times during Tuesday’s race???

1 Like

Those are crazy times!

1 Like

Mercedes for main race and any car but merc fir second time

2 Likes

Hey guys! Remember to do your Time Trial for Germany this week! We had our League race there and I think the weekly challenge is also in Germany, so we should all have enough practice on the circuit to get some good times!

Merc and any other car times. Looking forward to see those time come down during the weekend!

2 Likes

I’ll be doing the weekly challenge tonight. Haven’t really looked at this Offical MEW Race of Geeks yet.

I have been getting your best Time Trial times from in the game :wink: You are taking part whether you want to or not! :smiley:

2 Likes

Almost forgot to add these for the Germany round.

My best with the Merc (was a fair bit before the race, so not sure if any of the other guys improved their times after I took it):

And my best with Other Car:

@Snowbeast - what is the required car for this week’s Hungarian GP?